BBQ Meatloaf Meal Prep Bowls are an easy lunch idea that you are going to be so excited to eat! With cajun mashed sweet potatoes, steamed green beans and mini BBQ meatloaves.
After sharing this Low Carb Meatloaf & Cauliflower Mash last summer, I was inspired to do a little remix! While today’s recipe is not low carb, it is lower in calories, full of delicious, healthy veggies and a great lunch to fuel you all afternoon.
There is just something fun about mini meatloaves, am I right? I like to make mine mini because they cook up much faster than traditional meatloaf, and you also don’t have to share 😉
This meal prep recipe is SO packed with flavor: sweet and smoky BBQ sauce, sweet and savory sweet potato mash, and crunchy green beans. It tastes just as good on day 4 as it does freshly made. YES.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
These BBQ meatloaf meal prep bowls
- are ready in 45 minutes
- taste just as good on day 4 as day 1
- are packed full of delicious flavor
How to make meatloaf meal prep bowls
There are three components in this recipe:
- Sweet Potatoes– I like to cook mine in the Instant Pot (see Perfect Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes), then mash them up with cajun seasoning, butter and salt.
- BBQ Meatloaf– once my sweet potatoes are in the Instant Pot, I mix up my mini meatloaves and get them into the oven.
- Green Beans– I steam my green beans in the microwave until tender crisp.
Which brand of barbecue sauce should I use? I don’t really have a favorite…I generally read the labels in the grocery store and just pick the one with the lowest amount of added sugar. This time I used the Get Sauced brand (love the name 😉 )
Can I use ground turkey? Yes! Swap for an equal amount.
Can I skip the breadcrumbs in the meatloaf? Yes, just leave them out. I don’t find almond flour works that great in meatloaf (as a low carb option).
Tips and equipment for BBQ meatloaf meal prep bowls
- I LOVE this muffin pan, it cooks noticeably better than a regular nonstick.
- I cooked my sweet potatoes in a 6 quart Instant Pot but you can also use an 8 quart Instant Pot
- Looking for more beef-based meal prep recipes? Check out these Mongolian Beef Meal Prep Bowls, these Baked Beef Taquitos and these Sesame Ginger Beef Meal Prep Bowls
BBQ Meatloaf Meal Prep Bowls
Cajun Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium; scrubbed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
Mini BBQ Meatloaves
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (divided; look for lowest sugar option)
- 12 oz green beans (washed, ends trimmed if you prefer)
- Cook sweet potatoes your favorite way. I like using the Instant Pot (see this post for Instant Pot cook times)
- When cooked through, remove skins and mash the sweet potatoes with salt, cajun seasoning and butter.
BBQ Mini Meatloaves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, salt and 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce.
- Spray 8 cavities of large-sized muffin tray with oil, then spoon the meatloaf mixture into the muffin cavity. Press gently so it forms a muffin shape.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread the remaining 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce on the top of the meatloaf muffins, then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Steam in a covered dish in the microwave for 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
Meal prep bowls
- Divide all ingredients between four meal prep containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To serve- Reheat until steaming hot.