A bright and flavorful Asian salad with salmon, fresh veggies, creamy avocado, and candied ginger all tossed in a tangy lime vinaigrette.
Hi friends, how ya doing?
I am back from a week-end in Banff, feeling refreshed, energized and motivated to jump into this week! Sometimes what you really need is a change of scenery to get motivated, am I right? Also, mountains and fresh air don't hurt 😉
Well, today being Monday, I thought we could all use a healthy and fresh salad to jump start the week. What do you think?
Want to know a secret? I am obsessed with salmon + avocado. I don't know what it is...they are both kind of creamy and fatty (the good kind of fat!), and they go together in a wonderful and sort of unexpected way.
One of my favorite recipes on the blog is this Chili Rubbed Salmon with Avocado Salsa, and I was dying to put salmon and avocados together again.
This time, I thought it would be nice to serve them on an Asian salad with salmon...initially it was going to be a crunchy cabbage salad, but it seemed like such a harsh texture with the creamy avocado and salmon.
So I went with greens, which I boosted with some spiralized carrots and cucumbers. You can just shred your carrots and cut the cucumbers into matchsticks if you don't have a spiralizer.
Then I added some candied ginger, which really brings the pizzazz to this salad. It adds some sweetness and prominent ginger flavor (don't worry, it's not overpowering or anything!).
And what goes better with ginger than lime? So I whipped up a simple lime vinaigrette.
Altogether this salad has lots of different textures...creamy avocado, flaky salmon, soft greens, a bit of crunch from the carrots and cucumbers.
And the flavors make my heart flutter...sweetness and a bit spicy from the ginger and tangy from lime dressing. So good!
And ready in 30 minutes! Breathe some life into your Monday with this Asian salad with salmon...it will wake you right up 😀
Asian Salad with Salmon, Ginger, and Lime Dressing
- 4 x 5oz salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I use reduced sodium
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2 carrots shredded (or spiralized)
- 1.5 cups cucumber cucumber cut into matchsticks (or spiralized)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger finely chopped
- 2 avocados sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Place salmon in a large baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and soy sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 or so minutes, until fillets are cooked through.
- Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Divide the salad ingredients amongst 4 large bowls. Top with salmon, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
More salmon recipes!
- Salmon Souvlaki Skewers with Feta Yogurt Sauce from Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Salmon Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette from Annie's Eats
- Blackened Salmon with Pineapple Salsa and Coconut Rice from Flavor the Moments
- Chili Garlic Salmon and Broccoli Bowls from Maebells