This healthier caesar dressing is made with 6 simple ingredients and uses yogurt as a base. Healthier, lower in calories, and keeps well in the fridge for 1-2 weeks!
I love caesar dressing, but it has always felt like an indulgence. It seems there are two options out there: one with raw eggs and olive oil, and one with mayo. Neither one are light.
After trying and re-trying and re-trying again, I finally found a dressing that is similar in taste to caesar dressing, without raw eggs and without mayo. Yay!
This yogurt-based dressing is tangy, garlicky and perfect on all different types of salad.
And you're not going to believe how simple it is to make!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons to love this Caesar dressing recipe
- it has just 6 simple ingredients
- it tastes very similar to store-bought caesar but without the crazy additives and preservatives
- it lasts in the fridge for 1-2 weeks!
How to make it
This caesar dressing has just six simple ingredients, each of which is necessary to pull of that 'caesar' flavor:
- garlic powder- I prefer this savory flavor over the sharp raw garlic flavor you'd get from fresh
- anchovy paste- which looks, smells and sounds unappetizing but is essential to give that umami flavor to this caesar salad dressing
- lemon juice- fresh is best but you can use jarred in a pinch
- salt & pepper- to bring out all the other flavors
- yogurt- as a base. I prefer balkan-style plain yogurt, as it has a more neutral flavor, but you can use greek yogurt...just beware it has a very tangy yogurt flavor that comes into the dressing
Is this recipe keto-friendly? This caesar dressing has only 1 g carbs in 2 tablespoons, so it would be a great option for keto!
Can I make it without the anchovy paste? It really doesn't have the same flavor at all. I haven't played around but maybe you could swap for Worcestershire or nutritional yeast?
Use it up
- use it as a dip for these Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- serve it on a Cobb Salad (recipe coming soon)
- slather it on these Greek Chicken Wraps
- swap for tzatziki in these Greek Pita Bento Boxes
- swap for ranch in these Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salads
Tips & equipment
- 1 cup plain yogurt (see *)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Stir together all ingredients. Use on salad or as a dip.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.