This healthier caesar dressing is so flavorful and made with 6 simple ingredients. Using yogurt as the base, it's lower in calories, nourishing, and keeps well in the fridge for meal prep!
Everyone loves a good caesar dressing, but it can sometimes feel like an indulgence... aka romaine lettuce drowning in so much mayo that it doesn't actually feel like a healthy salad! This healthy caesar dressing puts a fresh new spin on the classic, and is just as delicious! No raw eggs, no olive oil, and no mayo necessary.
This yogurt-based dressing is tangy, garlicky, and perfect on all different types of salad. Best of all, you're not going to believe how simple it is to make!
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- the taste is on point - the perfect balance of garlic, briny anchovy, and citrusy lemon flavor
- the flavor is just like store-bought caesar but without the any additives, refined oils, or preservatives
- it lasts in the fridge for 1-2 weeks (perfect for meal prep)!
- Yogurt - as a base. We reccomend balkan-style plain yogurt, as it has a more neutral flavor, but you can use greek yogurt as well. Just beware that Greek yogurt has a very tangy yogurt flavor that comes into the dressing.
- Anchovy paste - is essential to give our caesar dressing that classic umami flavo. It's savoury, briny, and delicious (though it might sound unappetizing, don't skip this ingredient)! We use this brand of anchovy paste.
- Garlic powder - we prefer the more muted flavor of garlic powder over the sharp raw garlic flavor you'd get from fresh garlic, but if you prefer fresh garlic feel free to swap
- Lemon juice - fresh is best but you can use jarred in a pinch
Step by Step Directions
Stir together all ingredients in a small jar.
Serve this healthy caesar dressing on a salad, or as a dip!
This caesar dressing has only 1 g carbs in 2 tablespoons, so it would be a great option for keto!
It really doesn't have the same flavor at all. I haven't played around but maybe you could swap for Worcestershire, dijon mustard, or nutritional yeast?
Most store-bought caesar dressings are high in saturated fat, refined oils, and stabilizers. Not exactly a recipe for a healthy salad! If you're going to go to the effort to enjoy a salad, why not top it with a healthier alternative? This recipe is made healthier by skipping the oils, and instead opting for a lighter yogurt that contains gut-loving probiotics!
Use it up
There are so many delicious ways to use up this healthy caesar dressing other than on a classic caesar salad. Here are a few ideas:
- use it as a dip for these air fryer chicken wings
- serve it on a cobb salad
- slather it on these Greek chicken wraps
- swap for tzatziki in these Greek pita bento boxes
- swap for ranch in these southwestern chopped chicken salads
- swap for ranch in these ranch chicken jar salads
- use it up in this chickpea meal prep 3 ways
Fridge - Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer- Yogurt does not freeze/thaw well so we do not advise freezing this recipe.
Tip - store leftovers in a ½ pint jar!
- 1 cup plain yogurt * see note 1
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine - Stir together all ingredients. Use on salad or as a dip.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.