Make-ahead breakfast quesadillas filled with scrambled eggs, feta cheese, spinach and red peppers. An easy, healthy week day breakfast that's perfect for meal prep!
Not a morning person? Hello! Me too. You and I both need easy meal prep breakfasts in our lives! These healthy freezer breakfast sandwiches and make-ahead breakfast tacos are both personal favorites for easily heating while getting ready for work or school.
Also amazing? These spinach, feta, and egg breakfast quesadillas that can be made ahead and frozen...such a lifesaver on busy weekday mornings.
Filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, sneaky veggies (spinach, onion, red pepper) and with a ton of flavor from briney feta cheese, these breakfast quesadillas are both healthy and delicious!
Reasons you’ll ♡ these breakfast quesadillas
- meal prep-friendly for both the fridge and freezer
- perfect to quickly reheat for a grab-and-go week day breakfast
- packed with sneaky veggies and easily customizable
Wondering how to make a breakfast quesadilla? Watch this 1 minute video to see how easy it is to prepare! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Simple ingredients you'll need
For this breakfast quesadilla recipe, you'll need:
- Veggies - we are using red bell pepper, red onion, and spinach leaves, but these are perfect for cleaning out your fridge! See ingredient swap suggestions below.
- Eggs - I am a fan of free range eggs (called pasture-raised if you are US-based)
- Feta cheese and mozzarella cheese - necessary to seal the quesadilla, and the feta brings a briney flavor to the mix
- Tortillas - I prefer flour tortillas, but you can use whichever gluten-free or paleo-friendly tortillas you like
Meal prep tips
This breakfast quesadilla recipe is ideal for making a big batch at once, and setting yourself up with a healthy breakfast stash. Here are some tips!
- Assemble ahead - keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Store well - completely cool and secure each quesadilla individually in plastic wrap; keep together in a freezer-safe bag or reusable silicone bag in the freezer or airtight container in the fridge.
- Reheat easily - these are crispy and best when reheated in a frying pan or on a sandwich press/George Foreman grill-type machine.
- Double up- double or even triple the batch so you can stock up the freezer!
Find my favorite kitchen tools and meal prep containers in my shop!
Which other ingredients could you use?
These quesadillas are great for filling with whatever you've got on hand, and customizing for nearly any diet.
Try making this breakfast quesadilla recipe with:
- kale - chopped up
- broccoli - chopped finely
- cauliflower rice
- shredded sweet potatoes
- shredded hash browns
- shredded sweet potatoes
- ham - cubed
- bacon - cooked and chopped
- sun dried tomatoes - drained and chopped
- vegan cheese
I love this version with broccoli and cheddar cheese!
More meal-prep friendly breakfast recipes:
- Tofu Scramble with Breakfast Sweet Potato
- 7 Delicious Homemade Pancakes Recipes
- Frozen Breakfast Taquitos
- Quinoa Egg Breakfast Muffin Recipe
- Crispy Buttermilk Waffles
Did you make this? Tag me on social @sweetpeasandsaffron and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Spinach + Feta Breakfast Quesadillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 4 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 handfuls of spinach leaves (or 2 oz frozen with liquid squeezed out)
- ½ cup feta (crumbled)
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and bell pepper, and sauté until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, then add to the pan along with the spinach and feta cheese. Scramble for 2-3 minutes until eggs are fully cooked through and the spinach and feta are completely mixed in.
- Remove pan from heat.
- To a clean pan, add two tortillas (propped up on each other in the middle).
- Spoon ¼ of the filling onto half of the tortilla, then sprinkle with ¼ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Press the second half of the tortilla over onto the topping and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cool completely and store in a meal prep container (for 1-2 days). For longer storage, you will want to wrap in plastic wrap before storing in a meal prep container or reusable bag.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat from refrigerator: fry up on medium in a frying pan, or heat on grill for 2-3 minutes.
- To reheat from freezer: heat in the microwave on top of a paper towel for 30-60 seconds, then crisp up in the frying pan or grill for 2-3 minutes.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Comment