These meal prep chicken fajitas are made on one (or two) sheet pans, making for a super easy prep and even easier clean up! Serve them in tortilla bowls for a no-mess lunch.
It feels like things are finally happening! After three months of de-cluttering, organizing, cleaning, and just plain packing up boxes and putting stuff into storage, our house is *almost* ready to put on the market.
I’m half excited and half dreading it, since we might not really be able to use the kitchen (boo…no recipe testing for me) or make any messes. And we’ll probably be hanging out at the mall/park/frozen yogurt place while the house shows.
We are so ready to get this house sold and then we can cross that off the list…only 2 more months until we are moving to our dream house! I can’t wait to share some photos of it with you.
While I’m buzzing with excitement to get this house on the market, I’m also buzzing with excitement over our latest Lunch Prep Challenge! And these meal prep chicken fajitas were our very first recipe in the challenge this time.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Some of my favorite meal prep recipes include the good old sheet pan. (And I do mean old. It might be time to invest in a new one.)
They are just so simple! These meal prep chicken fajitas include my favorite Homemade Fajita Seasoning recipe that you rub all over the veggies and chicken with some olive oil and lime juice, then spread out on a sheet pan and roast until cooked through.
That’s it. Seriously. No rice, no vinaigrette or sauce or anything else. Just your roasted veggies and your chicken, in a container, which you then serve in tortillas, or as I recommend, tortilla bowls! I am just in love with the tortilla bowls you can find these days, which make eating your fajitas so much cleaner than a normal tortilla.
We enjoyed ours with some greek yogurt, salsa, and guacamole. So simple and so tasty!
Come to think of it, meal prep recipes are probably going to be our best friend once our house is on the market and we have to keep a clean kitchen. I definitely foresee these meal prep chicken fajitas on the menu again soon!
Get your perfect meal prep chicken fajitas:
- don’t overcrowd the pan! I suggest spreading between two pans
- shortcut: use store-bought fajita seasoning
- these tortilla bowls make for mess-free eating
- my all-time favorite meal prep containers
- swap your seasoning with this Jamaican rub and add some fresh mango on top
Meal Prep Chicken Fajitas (Sheet Pan)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 2 chicken breasts (roughly 1 lb; sliced into strips)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced into strips)
- 1 red onion (sliced into strips)
- 1 zucchini (optional; sliced into strips)
- 1 cup mushrooms (optional; quartered)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 6 inch tortillas (or tortilla boats)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together the fajita seasoning.
- Toss the chicken and veggies in a large bowl with the olive oil and lime juice.
- Add the rub and stir to coat.
- Arrange chicken and veggies on 1-2 large sheet pans.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip and roast for another 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings (avocado, cilantro, greek yogurt, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, jalapeno slices are a few ideas).
To assemble ahead
- Complete steps 2-4, then transfer to a large storage container or bag.
- Store in the fridge (see *note) for up to 3 days (check the expiry date on your chicken to be sure it is safe to keep that long).
- Dump onto sheet pans and cook as directed above.
To cook ahead
- After cooking and cooling completely, divide the fajita filling between four 2 cup meal prep containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave until steaming hot, then spoon into tortillas or tortilla boats.