24 tasty sheet pan recipes to save time and make meal prep more efficient. These sheet pan recipes are incredibly versatile, with many different flavors, spice rubs and sauces.
This round up features sheet pan meal prep recipes that are easy, versatile and quick to prepare. Just like one pot dinners, sheet pan meals are a great way to cook an entire meal with very little prep work (and without dirtying a ton of dishes)!
Sheet pan meal prep recipes are definitely one of my go-to's for easy and efficient prep because you can load them up with veggies, and serve them in so many ways! From breakfast bakes, to buddha bowls, to burrito bowls, pita or wrap filling, and sheet pan dinners, there is so much variety.
Tips for the best sheet pan results:
- Roasting time - pick veggies with a similar roasting time: nothing worse than having to pick out veggies that are done before the others; alternatively you can place veggies with different roasting times on separate halves of the pan or separate pans
- Overcrowding - don't overcrowd the pan: veggies need some space to roast properly, and overloading the pan means they will take longer to roast and may get soggy as their neighbours release liquid
- Toss in oil - oil is absolutely necessary to prevent dried out veggies. Toss them in a bowl, then transfer to the pan to remove excess oil. I always use olive oil; 2 tablespoons per 5 cups of veggies
It's so easy to mix up the flavor profiles of your sheet pan meal prep recipes by adding different spice rubs or sauces. Here are a few idea to get your creative meal prep juices flowing:
- Spice rubs - have a favorite sheet pan meal, but tired of the same flavor profile over and over again? Try using a different spice rub! Here are 7 homemade spice rub blends to try.
- Sauces and dressings - add a dipping sauce on the side, like this tzatziki sauce, homemade ranch dressing, green goddess dressing, or this creamy tahini dressing.