More than 36 black beans recipes that are perfect for lunch or dinner, and are easy to meal prep! Prep a big batch of black beans from scratch and use them up in one of these black bean recipes.
When it comes to budget-friendly meal prep ideas, nothing beats cooking up a big pot of beans. Not only are they super cheap, but they keep really well (and are even freezer-friendly!), and they taste so much better than canned beans.
I love cooking up a big batch of black beans (my favorite way is in the Instant Pot!), and then using them in multiple black bean recipes through the week.
I recently shared my recipe for perfect black beans and now I’m excited to share some easy black beans recipes to use them up for meal prep!
Whether you cook up a healthy vegetarian dinner or lunch, there is a healthy black bean recipe here for everyone…soups, salads, meal prep lunches and even desserts!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Let’s check out these black beans recipes:
How to Cook the Perfect Black Beans by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- 5 Minute Black Bean Hummus by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Southwest Roasted Potato Breakfast Meal Prep by Project Meal Plan
- Healthy Black Bean and Feta Quinoa Salad by Dash of Herbs
- Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Southern Quinoa Mason Jar Salads by Making Thyme for Health
- Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls by Food Lovin Family
- Refreshing Quinoa Black Bean Salad by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Instant Pot Quinoa Enchilada Casserole by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- No Cook Taco Salad Bento Box Recipe by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Quinoa Bowl by Stay Snatched
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Bake by Eat Yourself Skinny
- Southwestern Baked Falafels with Corn & Black Beans by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Meal by Budget Bytes
- Power Bowl with Tahini Lime Drizzle by Educating Earthlings
- Freezer Cauliflower Rice Black Bean Burritos by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Mix & Match Meal Prep Burrito Bowls by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Black Bean Ranch Tuna Salad by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- The Best Black Bean Burger by Tastes Better From Scratch
- Coconut Black Bean Brownies by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Creamy Black Bean Taquito Meal Prep by Budget Bytes
- Mango Black Bean Salad by Miss Information
- Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep Bowls Easy by Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Sweet Potato Noodles with Black Beans and Creamy Avocado Sauce by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Vegan Burritos by Kims Cravings
- Avocado & Black Bean Salad by Gimme Delicious
- Slow Cooker Black Bean, Quinoa and Sweet Potato Stew by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Cheesy Mexican Black Bean Quinoa Casserole by Chocolate Covered Katie
- Grilled Veggie & Black Bean Meal Prep Bowls by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Lime Sauce by Food Love
- Smokey Black Bean Soup with Spicy Sausage by Maebells
- Chocolate Black Bean Blender Muffins by Kristine’s Kitchen
- One Pot Black Bean Fajita Pasta by Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Meal Prep Shrimp Taco Bowls by Gimme Delicious
- Enchilada Zucchini Boats by Food with Feeling
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bowls with Cilantro Lime Pesto by She Likes Food
Instant Pot Black Beans
- 1 lb dry black beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups water
- Pick through black beans and remove any stones.
- Rinse under tap water.
- Place rinsed beans in the base of an Instant Pot. Add 4 cups of water, and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 bay leaf.
- Set the valve to 'sealing', then cook for 35 minutes at high pressure followed by a full natural pressure release (allow the Instant Pot to sit for approximately 25 min or until the valve drops).
- add 1/2 an onion and 4 garlic cloves to the cooking liquid
- try a squeeze of lime after cooking
- add 1 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1 teaspoon of ground coriander