These easy vegan sweet potato noodles are tossed in a creamy garlic avocado sauce with linguine, corn and black beans. Ready for your table in 30 minutes!
While I love veggie noodles, when served alone, I feel hungry again quickly. Instead, I love mixing them with a half portion of pasta! I’ve used this technique before with spiralized pasta with egg and asparagus and for cold sesame noodle meal prep bowls.
These sweet potato noodles with avocado sauce are another great example of how mixing vegetable noodles with a half portion of pasta can work as a veggie-packed but still filling meal.
The creamy avocado sauce coats the noodles and adds so much delicious flavor, and keeps this recipe vegan!
Reasons you’ll ♡ sweet potato noodles with avocado sauce
- it’s ready in under 30 minutes
- it’s vegan, but filling and satisfying
- it’s a fun and unique recipe to mix up your weeknight routine!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I prepped this recipe. It’s so easy! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
The garlic avocado sauce
To make this luscious sauce, you will need a stand or immersion blender. Combine a ripe avocado, garlic cloves, cumin, coriander, salt, water and juice of a lime, and blend until perfectly smooth.
You may need to add more water as needed if you have large avocados, and always taste to see if the seasoning is to your taste.
Making sweet potato noodles
Making sweet potato noodles requires a little extra elbow grease than making zucchini noodles. You will need a spiralizer to do this (this is the one I own).
Pick a large, straight sweet potato, and slice in half, keeping the cut as straight as possible across the width of the sweet potato. Use the largest noodle blade on your spiralizer (should be 1/4 inch), and spiralize, applying pressure as you rotate the handle of your spiralizer.
If you find your sweet potato is creating half moons, remove it from the spiralizer and readjust.
Cooking sweet potato noodles
To cook your sweet potatoes, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add sweet potato noodles to the pan, and cook, stirring with tongs, for 8-12 minutes (depending on which blade you use to make sweet potato noodles).
It’s important to not overcook your sweet potato noodles as they will become mushy. You are looking for a tender texture, but not mushy.
For this recipe, I’ve used half of the recommended 2 oz portion of pasta per person; so we are cooking 4 oz total for 4 servings. You can adjust this to suit your tastes.
I recommend sticking to a noodle-shaped pasta like linguine, spaghetti or spaghettini, rather than using pasta shapes, as it mixes in better with the sweet potato noodles.
Cooking this recipe
This recipe can get onto the table easily in 30 minutes, but you’ll need to multitask.
- Start by bringing a pot of water to boil and adding 4 oz of linguine.
- While linguine is cooking, make sweet potato noodles. Add to a nonstick pan and sautee.
- While sweet potato noodles are cooking, make the avocado sauce
- To serve, add the linguine to the frying pan with the cooked sweet potato noodles, and drizzle with the avocado sauce. Top with corn and black beans.
- fridge- store in the fridge for up to 2 days; avocado sauce is not great after this point
- reheat- in the microwave until steaming hot
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe
More vegetarian dinners
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Instant Pot Enchilada Quinoa
- Sun Dried Tomato One Pot Pasta
- Egg Fried Rice
- Peanut Ginger Tofu Stir Fry
- Mushroom Lentil Burgers
Sweet Potato Noodles with Black Beans and Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 4 oz linguine uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups spiralized sweet potato 2 medium sweet potatoes; see note 1
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
Garlic Avocado Sauce
- 1 avocado large + ripe
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lime juiced
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- While linguine is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet potato noodles and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-12 minutes.
- While sweet potato noodles are cooking, combine all of the avocado sauce ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- When sweet potato noodles become softened (but NOT mushy!), add the cooked linguine, corn, black beans and avocado sauce. Toss to coat.