Get dinner on the table in no time with this easy spiralized pasta with egg and asparagus. The pasta and zoodles are tossed with asparagus, snap peas, lemon and parmesan, then topped with a perfectly poached egg!
Hi friends! How is it March? MARCH!?!
Don’t you love how I start every month with the same statement? But really. Time flies when you’re having fun 😉
And today I am starting off March with a spring mindset. I am ready to move onto some fresh spring produce!
And by the way: it’s 30-Minute Thursday! Are you ready for an awesome, EASY dinner recipe?
Today I was inspired by a) my spiralizer (although the zucchini noodles are 100% optional in this recipe, and I have instructions for straight up linguine) and b) asparagus.
I love asparagus but rarely use it, and for me, it embodies all things spring! And in this spiralized pasta with egg recipe, the asparagus brings the magic…it brings such a delicious flavor to this pasta dish.
This is suuuuper simple. The flavors are very mellow and mild, so don’t be expecting a punch to the tastebuds. I find mellow flavors to be somewhat comforting, do you? Not every recipe has to have ca-razy flavors (if that is what you are looking for I am going to direct you to this Slow Cooker Ethiopian Chicken & Lentil Stew, and these Jamaican Shrimp Quesadillas with Mango Salsa—intense flavors GALORE here!)
So if you are with me on the mellow flavors of lemon, parmesan cheese and creamy egg in this simple pasta dish then I’m happy 🙂
And yes, my spiralizer came out to play again for this recipe. I am not ready to commit to 100% zucchini noodles yet, so I mixed it 50/50 with some linguine. And it totally works to bulk up the pasta and kind of ‘trick’ you into thinking that you are eating a huge bowl of pasta.
I loved how the zucchini noodles absorbed the lemon flavor and they actually brought a whole bunch of flavor to this spiralized pasta with egg recipe!
OK. So I think we all know what the ‘magic’ is in this recipe: that egg. If you have a big appetite, I’d recommend two eggs. Ben is 6 ft 2 and one egg just isn’t going to cut it for him 😉
When you break that egg open and the yolk oozes all over the pasta, it is just heaven. Love it. LOVE IT!!
So. Spring flavors. What do you think, are you ready for them or what?!
Don’t forget to check out these awesome 30-Minute Thursday Recipes:
Mushroom Barley Soup from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30-Minute Spicy Orange Shrimp Teriyaki from Flavor the Moments
Browned Butter Shrimp and Rice Bowls with Sautéed Kale and Avocado from Floating Kitchen
Spinach Pesto and Tomato Flatbread Pizzas from Kristine’s Kitchen
Tex-Mex Taco Salad from My Kitchen Craze
30-Minute Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Noodles from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Bake. Eat. Repeat.
20-Minute Ham and Pineapple Rice from The Recipe Rebel
Seasoned Chickpea Taco Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing from She Likes Food
Spiralized Pasta with Egg and Asparagus
- 1 bunch of asparagus trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups of snap peas ends trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs or more if you want!
For a 1/2 zoodle 1/2 linguine version:
- 4 oz linguine
- 2 medium zucchinis spiralized (500g/8 loosely packed cups)
For just linguine:
- 8 oz linguine
Linguine and Zoodle version
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- When there is around 5 minutes remaining for the pasta, start cooking the vegetables: heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and snap peas, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and garlic. Cook for 3-4 mintues, mixing frequently with tongs.
- When zucchini is soft, add the lemon zest, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Scoop the pasta out of the boiling water (don't drain yet!) and add to the pan with the zucchini. Toss evenly and arrange on plates.
- Drain all but 2 inches of water from the pasta pot.
- Crack the eggs into the water and cook for 3 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Scoop out of the water and place on top of the pasta.
For just linguine:
- Follow the directions above, omitting the zucchini noodle steps.