Spicy Instant Pot Peanut Noodles are an easy veggie-loaded recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes! Works great as a meal prep recipe.
After sharing these delicious Instant Pot fiesta rice bowls, I’m busting out the Instant Pot for another delicious recipe! These spicy Instant Pot peanut noodles have chicken, whole wheat pasta, spiralized zucchini and carrots all tossed in a spicy and creamy peanut sauce.
Not only is it delicious, but it comes together so quickly!
These spicy Instant Pot peanut noodles are perfect for a weeknight dinner, but also keep well for meal prep.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
These spicy Instant Pot peanut noodles
How to cook peanut noodles in the Instant Pot
This recipe is simple but there are a few tricks you’ll need for success.
To prevent clumpy noodles: you’ll need to break your noodles in half, scatter over the chicken/sauce, and do not stir. Pour the water over top last so the noodles are immersed in liquid.
Here’s how to cook peanut noodles in the Instant Pot:
- Stir together spicy peanut sauce ingredients: reduced sodium soy sauce, natural peanut butter, honey, sesame oil and chili garlic paste.
- Add chicken and toss in sauce.
- Add 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti (broken in half) on top, spreading them out across the IP.
- Pour water over noodles and make sure they are somewhat immersed in the liquid. Do not stir.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes, then release the pressure immediately.
- Stir up noodles, then add spiralized zucchini and carrots. Put the lid back on and let the Instant Pot sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir everything up and enjoy!
Can I meal prep these spicy peanut noodles? Yes!
- Prepare ingredients ahead– stir the sauce & chicken together up to 24 hours before cooking. Any longer than that and you’ll want to freeze the chicken & sauce. You can also pre-spiralize your zucchini and carrots. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days before cooking.
- Cook them ahead and enjoy leftovers through the week- these noodle bowls hold up surprisingly well and can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I swap the peanut butter? Yes! Swap for natural almond butter. Make sure it’s very drippy!
Can I swap the pasta? I have only tested this with whole wheat spaghetti, however it is possible other shapes may work. A general rule is to use half the cook time that the box says. So if it says 12 minutes, cook for 6 minutes (thank you Meal Plan Addict for teaching me this!). If you try another pasta shape, please report back if it works for you!
Help, my Instant Pot did not come to pressure! I have tested this in both the 6 and 8 quart Instant Pots and never got a burn warning. If your pot for some reason does not come to pressure I would suspect your peanut butter. *make sure you use an extremely drippy, all natural peanut butter for this recipe. Skippy/Jif/Kraft may not work*
Tips & equipment for Instant Pot spicy peanut noodles
- This recipe was tested in both a 6 quart Instant Pot and an 8 quart Instant Pot
- I only tested with whole wheat spaghetti but it is possible other shapes may work
- Looking for more Instant Pot meal prep recipes? Check out this Instant Pot Cajun Rice with Sausage, this Instant Pot Quinoa Enchilada Casserole, and these Instant Pot Moroccan Lentils
Watch the video below to see how to make spicy Instant Pot peanut noodles. You can find more of my videos on my YouTube channel.
Spicy Instant Pot Peanut Noodles
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I recommend using reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (MUST be a drippy natural nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup water
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 2 cups spiralized carrots
- In the bottom of the Instant Pot, stir together the honey, soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil and chili garlic paste.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half and arrange in a thin layer over the chicken. Pour water over top and make sure the noodles are immersed in the water (as show in the picture in the collage above). Do not stir the noodles as this will cause them to clump.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Immediately release the pressure when the time is up.
- Stir the noodles into the sauce and add in the zucchini and carrot noodles. Put the lid back on the Instant Pot and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir everything up and serve.