Get your Instant Pot to do the hard work on Meal Prep Sunday with these 36 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for Meal Prep! The pressure cooker will save you time by cooking your food quicker, and also has the benefit of freeing up your hands so that you can multitask in the kitchen.
Friends, there was a time when I thought my Instant Pot was ‘overrated’ and was disappointed in it’s inability to cook my food ‘instantly’. It sat in my cupboard gathering dust for almost a year before I gave it another chance, and BOY am I glad I did!
The Instant Pot may not actually cook food ‘instantly’, but it is now my go-to hands-free device when it comes to cooking so many recipes these days. From steel cut oats to sweet potatoes to chicken breasts and so many more recipes, when it comes to the ‘hands off’ factor, the Instant Pot is where it’s at.
Reasons we love our Instant Pot
- it makes cooking so hands off
- you never have to worry about things boiling over
- it cooks your food evenly
- you can cook a big batch easily
- it’s a dream for freezer meals (you can even cook frozen food in it!)
Instant Pot Meal Prep Recipes
Watch the video below to see four of my favorite Instant Pot meal prep recipes! They are simple to prepare, do not require sauteeing, and make for tasty lunches through the week. You can find more of my videos on my YouTube channel!
- Instant Pot Fiesta Rice Bowls
- Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles
- Instant Pot Cajun Rice & Sausage
- Instant Pot Chickpea Curry
Today we’re sharing more than 36 healthy Instant Pot recipes from around the web. There are breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes, each of which can be cooked in the Instant Pot.
We are sharing some vegetarian Instant Pot recipes, and some not-so-vegetarian Instant Pot recipes, but guess what? There is a recipe for everyone out there.
And the best part is that these recipes can all work for meal prep. Pull up a chair and get inspired!
It is not always the first thing I think of, but the Instant Pot is perfect for cooking healthy breakfast recipes. These breakfast Instant Pot recipes are a mix of sweet and savory, and perfect for adding into your meal prep routine.
- Instant Pot Frittata Breakfast Casserole by Peas and Crayons
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes for Meal Prep by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Cold Start Yogurt by Oh So Delicious
- Homemade Pancakes with Blueberries by Foodie & Wine
- Easiest Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Easy Peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs by Kristine’s Kitchen
- Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce by Simply Happy Foodie
- Pina Colada Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats by The Girl on Bloor
- Fajita Breakfast Casserole by My Crazy Good Life
I love cooking chicken in the Instant Pot because it comes out perfectly each time! Whether you enjoy these chicken Instant Pot recipes for lunch or for dinner, they are going to be healthy and delicious.
- Freezer Asian Peanut Chicken from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Meal Prep Instant Pot Italian Stuffed Meatballs from Meal Plan Addict
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Meal Prep by Project Meal Plan
- Spicy Instant Pot Thai Chicken Curry from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken by Sweet & Savory Meals
- Caprese Instant Pot Chicken Thighs from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Meal Prep Bowls by The Girl On Bloor
- Instant Pot Coconut Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Bonus! Did you know I have SEVEN freezable Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipes on the blog? Check them all out here:
There are so many delicious vegetarian options that you can cook in your Instant Pot! From curries to chili and everything in between, these vegetarian Instant Pot recipes all look delicious.
- Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans by The Natural Nurturer
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chickpea Chili by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Southern Black-Eyed Pea Chili by Aimee Mars
- Instant Pot Quinoa Enchilada Casserole by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Lo Mein (Vegan) by Slap Dash Mom
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms and Pine Nuts by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Lentil Gumbo by Cotter Crunch
- Instant Pot Chickpea Curry by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry by Green Healthy Cooking
Soups + Stews
There is pretty much nothing easier than soups and stews to cook in your Instant Pot! Here are nine delicious Instant pot soups and stews to warm you up this winter.
- Shortcut Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde Soup by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Golden Turmeric Lentil Soup by The Girl On Bloor
- Instant Pot Smoky Tomato Soup from Meal Plan Addict
- Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup by Savory Nothings
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken Stew by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup by Pinch of Yum
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew by Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup by Kristine’s Kitchen
- Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup by Sweet Peas and Saffron
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken + More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoons ginger (chopped or 1/2 teaspoon powdered)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (roughly 2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- sesame seeds
- green onions
- Place the soy sauce, honey, water, mirin, garlic and ginger into the stainless steel inner pot of a 6 quart Instant Pot. Stir until completely combined.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to 'sealing'. Pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, immediately release the pressure (quick pressure release).
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, thicken the sauce: set the Instant Pot to saute. Stir together the cornstarch and water, then add to the pot. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, until bubbly and thickened.
- Slice the chicken into cubes and add back to the sauce. Stir to coat and enjoy!
- Serve over rice with broccoli.
To assemble ahead and freeze
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, water, mirin, garlic and ginger in a gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Squeeze out extra air, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw completely before cooking as directed above.
Meal Prep Bowls
- Teriyaki chicken may be portioned out into meal prep containers with 1/2 cup cooked rice and 1 cup steamed broccoli.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Heat until steaming hot and enjoy.
- Freezer- teriyaki chicken meal prep bowls may be frozen for up to 3 months.