An easy one pan turkey pasta recipe that is packed full of healthy vegetables. Zucchini and peas are cooked up with the pasta with a touch of lemon zest, parmesan cheese and sliced almonds. A delicious week-night dinner!
Well, I’m back from staycation land. It was fun while it lasted.
But now it’s back to reality. The 5pm rush. The what-on-earth-is-for-dinner-dilemma. And we can’t leave those dishes until tomorrow anymore.
So I have the perfect almost-no-dishes easy 5pm solution for us all! And it’s called one-pan pasta.
Looking for more ground turkey recipes? Check out these Healthy Baked Turkey Meatballs (7 Flavors)
I haven’t made a one-pan pasta recipe since waaay back in April…whoa. I don’t know what happened there!
So I’m back…with a vengeance. Today’s one pan pasta recipe is inspired by the zucchini growing in my garden. And the peas too, even though they’re not ready for picking quite yet.
This turkey pasta recipe is full of fresh flavors: zucchini, peas, a hint of lemon, and sliced almonds. Some ground turkey to make it a complete meal. And I used orecchiette, which are basically mini cowboy hats, am I right?
Orecchiette is just perfect for this one pan pasta meal, since they are small and compact, they cook up well in the small volume of liquid that is used.
If you are new to one-pan pasta, here’s the deal: the pasta cooks up with the veggies and meat, and the starch from the pasta thickens the reduced sauce. As the pasta cooks, it absorbs SO much flavor from all of the other ingredients. So so SO much flavor.
I feel like now that I’m on this one-pan pasta bandwagon, I don’t ever want to eat the other type of pasta again 😉
And this kind of meal is right up my alley: easy, healthy, simple, delicious and (almost) no dishes! Wooo!
One Pan Turkey Pasta Recipe with Zucchini and Lemon
- 1 lb/500g ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups orecchiette
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups zucchini
- 2 cups frozen peas
- zest of 1 lemon roughly 1.5 tbsp
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey until no pink remains. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add onion and cook for 5 or so minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and stir for one minute.
- Add the white wine and scrape up all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until reduced by half, around 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, orecchiette and salt, and add back the turkey. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the zucchini and cook for another 10 minutes (stirring frequently), or until pasta is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the lemon zest and frozen peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with almonds and parmesan cheese.
Products used in this recipe: