This easy ground turkey pasta recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and tossed in a spanish roasted red pepper sauce (romesco sauce)!
Long ago on this blog when it was just my mom reading, I half-heartedly tried to cook my way through the Epicurious series Around The World In 80 Dishes, where they showcase the signature dishes from each country.
It was so fun, and introduced me to Ethiopian, Korean, Salvadorian, Malaysian and Egyptian recipes which I never would have tried otherwise. As you can see, I have been influenced by these cuisines on the blog, and the Epicurious Doro Wat was the inspiration behind this Slow Cooker Ethiopian Chicken & Lentil Stew, and Korean Beef Bulgogi was the inspiration behind these Korean Beef Skewers.
And it also introduced me to Spanish flavors. I had a brief love affair with paella and quickly moved on to other Spanish recipes including a romesco sauce, which was love at first bite. Clearly it is time to revisit it, so today I have this delicious ground turkey pasta recipe with a SUPER simple and easy romesco sauce.
Looking for more ground turkey recipes? Check out these Healthy Baked Turkey Meatballs (7 Flavors)
I added some zucchini noodles to this recipe, because my lone zucchini plant has been working hard and giving us a lot of zucchinis! If you don’t have a spiralizer, feel free to cut it up into small chunks and sautee it for a few minutes longer.
The zucchini absorbs so much flavor in this recipe and is the perfect lighter compliment to the linguine.
And the romesco sauce is the absolute star of the recipe. It will probably seem like a somewhat normal sounding list of ingredients until you get to that slice of bread. I know. Bread…in a sauce?
Trust me on this, the bread gives the sauce really great body…it really thickens it up nicely!
If you are short on time, you can definitely make this romesco sauce ahead of time. It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, and is even freezer-friendly!
My only warning with this romesco sauce: don’t wear a white shirt…at least not if your name is Denise! It is so vibrant and red…it’s a disaster waiting to happen 😉
So. Happy Thursday. I hope you guys love this ground turkey pasta with romesco sauce as much as me!
See you on Saturday when I’m sharing FIVE of my favorite smoothie recipes!!
Ground Turkey Pasta in Romesco Sauce
- 1 jar roasted red peppers drained (300mL; approximately 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 slice bread torn into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Ground Turkey Pasta:
- 4 oz dry linguine
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large zucchini spiralized (approx 4-6 cups)
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Combine all romesco sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the ground turkey in a large frying pan, breaking it up into small pieces. Cook until no pink remains.
- Add the spiralized zucchini, and cook, using tongs to move it around in the pan, for 3 or so minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and toss with the ground turkey and zucchini noodles until evenly distributed.
- Add the romesco sauce to the pan and toss everything to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
More summery pasta recipes for us:
- this One Pan Turkey Pasta Recipe with Zucchini and Lemon
- or how about some Almond Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Chicken?
- or this vegetarian One Pot White Bean Pasta with Leeks?