My new favorite veggie burger is this mushroom and lentil bruschetta burger! Great texture, easy to make, and FULL of flavor.
It can’t be summer without a BURGER recipe, can it?!
It’s time to make up for it! And boy, do I ever have a burger for you.
This mushroom and lentil bruschetta burger recipe took me four tries to get right, so you KNOW they are gonna be good 😉
I guess I’ve been relatively lucky lately to nail some recipes on the first try. But these burgers gave me a bit of trouble.
It was all about the texture, because I got picture-perfect and super tasty veggie burgers on my first try. But when I bit into them, it was like taking a big bite of mashed potatoes. Yech. Not in my burger!
So I had to play around by adding some texture in the form of sunflower seeds, rolled oats and panko breadcrumbs. And I finally got the perfect blend of texture and a pretty photogenic burger, too!
I really wanted to infuse these burgers with lots of bruschetta flavors. There’s a touch of balsamic vinegar in the patties.
While the bruschetta burgers were cooking I chopped up a SUPER simple bruschetta with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, more balsamic and garlic. So you also get a bit more balsamic flavor from the bruschetta. (If you want to go all out, you could drizzle with balsamic reduction…YUM!)
These flavors were just perfect together, and this isn’t wimpy vegetarian food…this is enough burger to fill up my 6 foot 3 husband! And he didn’t even have room for sweet potato fries or salad or any side dish.
PS: It’s 30 Minute Thursday! Check out all these mouthwatering meals you can make in under 30 minutes!
Kale Pesto Zucchini Noodles and Salmon from Kristine’s Kitchen
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Salad from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Asian Sesame Steak Fajita Salad from Life Made Sweeter
Summer Fettuccine Alfredo with Bursting Tomatoes + Charred Corn from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Chinese Chicken Salad from My Kitchen Craze
Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Broccolini Veggie Dogs from Floating Kitchen
Honey Garlic Turkey Sloppy Joes from The Recipe Rebel
Mushroom Lentil Bruschetta Burger
Mushroom and Lentil Veggie Burgers
- 100g mushrooms (3.5 oz), 6 average cremini
- 1 cup brown lentils (canned), drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large slices of mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 gourmet burger buns
- Spread out a couple of paper towels and arrange the lentils and mushrooms on top. Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms, lentils, garlic, worcestershire, salt, balsamic vinegar, and sunflower seeds in the base of a food processor, and pulse 10 times. Scrape down the sides of the processor, add the rolled oats and pulse 5 more times (or until it looks like the photo above).
- Scrape the contents of the food processor into a large bowl. Stir in the panko and eggs.
- Form ½ cup patties about 1 inch thick. Cook in a non-stick frying pan for 4 minutes, then flip. Cook for 2 more minutes, then place a slice of mozzarella on top and cook for another 2 or so minutes, until cheese is melted and burger is cooked through.
- Stir together all bruschetta ingredients and set aside.
Calories 429 // Fat 16 g // Fat 6 g // Cholesterol 144 mg // Sodium 842 mg // Carbohydrate 47 g // Fiber 11 g // Sugars 8 g // Protein 25 g
This recipe makes LARGE burgers (4-5 inches across). You can get 4 burgers by making smaller patties.
|Serving Size||1 burger|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 429 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16 g||25%|
|Cholesterol 144 mg||48%|
|Sodium 842 mg||35%|
|Carbohydrate 47 g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 25 g|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|