7 meal prep plans that will help you save time, save money, eat healthier, and reduce your meal time stress during the week. With free printable shopping lists and video prep demos.
Does meal prep seem like a formula you just can't crack? These prep ahead meal plans take all the guesswork out. With step by step instructions, a shopping list and video prep demo for each, they are going to help you prep efficiently.
Benefits of meal prep
- you will save money (no more buying your lunch!)
- you will eat healthier (no impulsive choices when you are overly hungry)
- you will reduce your stress (lunch is just waiting for you in the fridge!)
There are so many different meal prep strategies that you can use, and the plans in this post each use different strategies. For an overview of 5 meal prep strategies (and a comprehensive explanation) check out how to meal prep.
About these meal prep plans
Each plan in this post uses slightly different strategies including:
- prep ingredients to turn them into multiple meals through the week ('buffet style')
- cook meals ahead and freeze (for easy microwave meals)
- assemble ahead and freeze to cook later (freezer crockpot, freezer Instant Pot and freezer oven meals)
Each plan contains a printable shopping list and video prep demo taking all the guesswork out of meal prep.
1. 7 ingredient plan
How it works- spend under 1 hour of active time preparing 7 ingredients including slow cooker honey lime chicken. Use them for three dinners through the week. All meals serve 4 (12 portions total)
2. Chickpeas 3 ways plan
How it works- take 1 lb of dried chickpeas (or 3 cans) and turn it into 1 lunch and two dinners. Meals serve 4-6 (14 portions)
3. Whole chicken plan
How it works- take 1-2 whole chickens + 4 other ingredients and prep. Use them to make 3 easy dinners. All meals serve 4 (12 portions)
4. Mix + match meal prep plan
How it works- spend 1 hour meal prepping 12 meal prep bowls for lunch or dinner. This formula allows you to make 12 different meal prep bowls, and you can swap proteins, veggies + starches to make it your own.
5. 5 vegan freezer meals in 1 hour
How it works- spend 1 hour active time assembling freezer crockpot (or sheet pan) meals you can freeze. All meals serve 4-8 (and leftovers from most of them freeze well too).
6. 24 freezable lunch recipes in 2 hours
How it works- spend 2 hours prepping 24 meals that you can portion out and freeze for easy microwave meals.
7. Fall freezer dinner stock up
How it works- spend 1 hour of active time prepping 5 fall inspired dinner recipes. Each meal serves 4-8.