5 vegan freezer meals you can prep in 1 hour! Sharing 5 plant-based recipes, a printable shopping list and video prep tutorial so you can do the same.
We love eating vegan dinner recipes 2-3 times a week, but it can be a real challenge to find good recipes! So often freezer meals are full of processed ingredients or are meat-based. So today I'm flipping the switch and showing you how to prep five plant-based freezer meals!
I am so excited to be kicking off a new series with you guys. The goal is to post once a month some big meal prep posts like this, with printable shopping list and video prep tutorial.
Meal prep can be intimidating when you first start, and I am creating the video series that I wish I had when I started!
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
These vegan freezer meals are
- made with healthy, wholesome ingredients
- ready in under 1 hour
- made in the slow cooker (4) and on a sheet pan (1)
Vegan freezer meal ingredients
To make this super easy for you, I've created a printable shopping list with everything you need to get meal prepping!
- I recommend purchasing pre-cut and cubed butternut squash to save on prep time!
- print out all your recipes before starting
- label all your bags with the name, date, and full cooking directions (so you don't have to look up the recipe on cook day)
To prep these recipes, you will need
Step 1- chop all your veggies
After labelling your bags, chop all your veggies out at once!
- Dice 3 onions
- Slice 1 red onion and 2 bell peppers
- Cube 4-5 sweet potatoes (1- 1 ½ inch cubes)
- Peel 6 cloves garlic
- Slice 1 lime in half
- Grate 3 tablespoons of ginger
- Peel, scoop out and cube your butternut squash (or use frozen squash like I did!)
Step 2- open all cans & spice jars
To make it really easy when we portion things out, I like to open all my cans. I don't drain my beans until just before portioning them out.
I also take all the lids off my spices, HOWEVER- beware that you may mix your lids up when putting them back on so if that bothers you, skip this step.
Step 3- portion everything out!
Lay the printed recipe in front of each bag/container and work your way through the ingredients list.
Having everything pre-chopped and all your cans opened really helps this process!
I add my frozen ingredients last because you don't want them to thaw before putting them back in the freezer.
1. Vegan Crockpot Chili
- On prep day- place all ingredients into the freezer bag
- On cook day- thaw completely before cooking, then add everything into the slow cooker. Cook low 6-8 hours
- Serve with- cheese (or vegan cheese), tortilla chips, yogurt (or coconut yogurt), and avocado.
Get the printable Vegan Crockpot Chili Recipe here!
2. Chickpea Butternut Squash Fajitas
- On prep day- place all ingredients into a freezer bag
- On cook day- thaw completely, then dump it all out onto a sheet pan. Roast at 425°F for 25 minutes, stirring it up halfway.
- Serve with- 8-12 six inch tortillas, yogurt (or coconut yogurt), avocado, cilantro, and/or salsa
Get the printable Chickpea Butternut Squash Fajitas recipe here!
3. Butternut Squash Daal
- On prep day- place all ingredients except for the stock in a freezer bag
- On cook day- thaw completely, then dump into the slow cooker. Add 3 cups vegetable stock. Cook on low for 8 hours. Add lime juice and adjust salt before serving.
- Serve with- naan bread or rice.
Get the printable Butternut Squash Daal recipe here!
4. Vegan Slow Cooker Tikka Masala
- On prep day- place all ingredients into a freezer bag.
- On cook day- thaw completely, then dump into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours. Add 2 cups small cauliflower florets, 1 cup frozen peas. Cook for 1 more hour.
- Serve with- rice or naan bread.
Get the printable Vegan Slow Cooker Tikka Masala recipe here!
5. Vegan African Peanut Stew (Slow Cooker)
- On prep day- place all ingredients except for the stock into a freezer bag.
- On cook day- thaw completely, then dump into a slow cooker. Add 4 cups of vegetable stock, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add 2 handfuls of spinach just before serving.
- To serve- bread.
Get the printable Vegan African Peanut Stew (Slow Cooker) recipe here!
Vegan freezer meals FAQ
Can I cook these in the Instant Pot? Maybe? I haven't tried. Some recipes have been cooked by readers in the Instant Pot, so I'd scan the comments on those posts to see if it's been done.
How long can I freeze these for? Up to 3 months. Honestly, I've gone longer and haven't noticed any taste from freezer burn.
Can I cook these from frozen? I haven't tried. Usually I would say no for food safety reasons, but since these are plant-based, it may be possible. I have only tested with completely thawed out recipes.
Do you have questions? Ask them below and I will do my best to answer them!