Leftover turkey detox soup is the best way to use up your leftover turkey! Full of immune-boosting ingredients including garlic, ginger, turmeric and bone broth to help you feel your best.
Is it just me, or does anyone else crave a big bowl of healthy the day after a big turkey dinner? Whether it’s in the form of a big salad, or a big bowl of soup, I am craving veggies galore.
This leftover turkey soup is the best way to use up your turkey leftovers as well, and if you use my recipe to make homemade turkey stock or leftover turkey bone broth, you are going to have one delicious and nourishing soup.
Reasons you’ll love this leftover turkey detox soup recipe
- it uses up your turkey in a super nutritious way
- it’s the perfect way to ‘detox’ after a heavy turkey dinner
- it’s full of immune boosting ingredients including ginger, garlic, bone broth and turmeric
How to make it
This recipe is easy to prep, and you can mix up the ingredients depending what you have on hand!
- cook some garlic & ginger in a bit of olive oil
- add in garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute
- add the rest of the ingredients: broccoli, carrot, bay leaf, bone broth, chopped leftover turkey, turmeric and salt
- cover and simmer until carrots are soft
Can I use store bought stock or bone broth for this soup?
Yes, you absolutely can! If you can’t find bone broth, I’d go for a veggie or chicken stock.
Can I swap the broccoli?
Yes! Swap for whatever you happen to have in the fridge. Peppers, cauliflower, leeks, kale, these could all work in the soup!
How long does this soup recipe last for?
I’d store it for up to 4 days in the fridge, or freeze for longer (up to 3 months). You could do a double batch and stock up the freezer!
- I highly recommend making your own homemade turkey stock or leftover turkey bone broth
- Storage- I used 2 quart mason jars (yes, I freeze right in the jars, just leave 1/4 of the volume empty so there’s room for it to expand!). If you’d prefer, I also like these re-usable Bernardin Plastic Freezer Jars
- Looking for more ‘detox’ friendly soup recipes? Check out this Anti-Inflammatory Broccoli, Ginger & Turmeric Soup, this Healthy Broccoli Soup, or this Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup, or check out these 36+ Healthy Soup Recipes
Leftover Turkey Detox Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated on the small holes of a box grater)
- 6 cups leftover turkey bone broth
- 2 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 1 celery chopped
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups leftover turkey (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 4 quart pot. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the bone broth, carrots, celery, broccoli, turkey, bay leaf, turmeric and sea salt. Stir up, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until carrot is soft.
- Stir in the lemon juice, taste and adjust the salt, and serve.
- This soup may be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.