These no bake healthy snack bars are a delicious treat made with wholesome ingredients. The perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it!
Do you meal prep sweets? I try to meal prep sweets, as when I don’t, it’s so predictable: I am straight into those chocolate chips. Anyone else?
This post was originally published in 2017. This post has been rewritten with fresh photos and a new video in 10/2019. Same great recipe!
To avoid eating 500 calories worth of chocolate chips, instead make these no bake snack bars!
Filled with wholesome ingredients like oats, chia seeds and ground flax, but sweet enough to satisfy those cravings, this is a snack option that might actually keep you going mid-afternoon!
Why you’ll ♡ these no bake snack bars
- you can mix them up in one bowl in just 15 minutes
- they are filled with wholesome ingredients and unrefined sugar
- they are the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Let’s make no bake snack bars!
To make these snack bars, first, gather your ingredients
- rolled oats– do not use quick oats as they become chalky in this recipe
- Rice Krispies– brown rice cereal may work but has not been tested
- ground flaxseed and chia seeds– for some extra protein and omega 3 fatty acids
- natural nut butter– peanut and almond butters have been tested- this recipe DOES NOT work with processed nut butter like Kraft or Jif
- coconut oil– I prefer a refined coconut oil as it does not have a strong coconut flavor
- maple syrup– make sure to use the real stuff and not table syrup
- cinnamon– for a boost of flavor
1. First, we’re going to melt our coconut oil. I like using this large glass measuring cup, as I can melt the coconut oil and then mix everything up in it.
2. Then we stir in our maple syrup, nut butter and cinnamon until smooth.
3. Stir in all remaining ingredients until completely combined.
4. Press into a parchment-lined pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Tips & equipment for perfect no bake healthy snack bars:
No Bake Snack Bars
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (55 g; refined coconut oil recommended)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (158 g; all natural; see * notes)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (154 g; honey also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats (90 g; not quick oats)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (28 g; see ** notes)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (46 g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (78 g)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (32 g)
- Melt coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in the peanut butter, maple syrup and cinnamon until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, Rice Krispies, flax and chocolate chips.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment. Press the mixture into the pan until smooth across the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then cut into bars and portion out for the week.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- These bars are also freezer-friendly for up to 3 months.