These no bake healthy snack bars are a delicious treat made with wholesome ingredients. The perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it!
Do you meal prep sweets? I try to meal prep sweets, as when I don't, it's so predictable: I am straight into those chocolate chips. Anyone else?
One of my favorite snacks to meal prep is no bake energy bites (I have 7 No Bake Energy Bites here!)
The only thing? I kind of hate the rolling step. So these no bake snack bars are my lazy girl solution...similar ingredients but NO ROLLING.
Filled with wholesome ingredients like oats, chia seeds and ground flax, but sweet enough to satisfy those cravings, this is a snack option that might actually keep you going mid-afternoon!
Why you'll ♡ these no bake snack bars
- you can mix them up in one bowl in just 15 minutes
- they are filled with wholesome ingredients and unrefined sugar
- they are the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth
Want to see how easy these bars are to prepare? Watch the video below for proof...they are just so easy! You can find more of my recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Let's talk ingredients
- rolled oats- do not use quick oats as they become chalky in this recipe
- Rice Krispies- brown rice cereal may work but has not been tested
- ground flaxseed and chia seeds- for some extra protein and omega 3 fatty acids
- natural nut butter- peanut and almond butters have been tested- this recipe DOES NOT work with processed nut butter like Kraft or Jif
- coconut oil- I prefer a refined coconut oil as it does not have a strong coconut flavor
- maple syrup- make sure to use the real stuff and not table syrup
- cinnamon- for a boost of flavor
Tips for perfect snack bars:
- You can make this in a single bowl but will need a microwave safe one (to melt the coconut oil). I use a large glass measuring cup!
- Stay away from processed nut butters as they will not set up properly and are overly sweet. You can use any natural nut butter (look for ones which just contain nuts and maybe salt)
- Let your bars set up for at least 2 hours before cutting into them. Overnight is even better.
- These bars can keep in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Find my favorite kitchen tools in my shop!
More healthy sweet snacks:
- Tahini Chocolate Oat Bars
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Easy Homemade Protein Bars
- Creamy Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- The BEST Healthy Zucchini Bread
This post was originally published in 2017. This post has been rewritten with fresh photos and a new video in 10/2019. Same great recipe!
- ¼ cup coconut oil (55 g; refined coconut oil recommended)
- ⅔ cup peanut butter (158 g; all natural; see * notes)
- ½ cup maple syrup (154 g; honey also works)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats (90 g; not quick oats)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (28 g; see ** notes)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed (46 g)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (78 g)
- ¼ cup chia seeds (32 g)
- Melt coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in the peanut butter, maple syrup and cinnamon until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, Rice Krispies, flax and chocolate chips.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment. Press the mixture into the pan until smooth across the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then cut into bars and portion out for the week.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- These bars are also freezer-friendly for up to 3 months.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.