This chicken soba noodle salad recipe contains fresh veggies, slow cooker honey lime chicken, and cold soba noodles all tossed in a tangy sesame vinaigrette!
Note: this is part of a series where I provide one slow cooker (base) recipe, and three ways to serve it. For the slow cooker honey-lime chicken recipe, click here!
Last week, Ben was out of town for three nights, so I was single momming it.
Single momming it has become much easier now that Kai is a toddler and I’m not a stay-at-home mom anymore. Staying home with a fussy baby all day, and having to do the entire night-time routine on my own was truly one of the most exhausting things I’ve ever done. Kudos to all of you strong mommas out there that do that on a regular basis!
Anywho. Day 1 of single momming it, I made a batch of slow cooker honey-lime chicken, and enjoyed it for several nights in a row. This chicken soba noodle salad recipe was my day two dinner!
This is such a delicious salad recipe, and it is ready in under 20 minutes if you use the slow cooker honey-lime chicken. If you don’t, you could use rotisserie chicken, but the honey flavor from that chicken was so good with the flavors of this salad!
This is another clean-out-the-fridge kind of meal. Use whatever veggies you want. I used cabbage, red bell peppers, and shredded zucchini. I really liked the raw zucchini in this salad (to my surprise).
Here’s how it goes: cook the soba noodles. Rinse under cold water to cool down. Shake together the sesame vinaigrette.
I recommend tossing the noodles in half of the dressing and the veggies in the other half (separately), as I always have a hard time mixing the noodles with the veggies evenly. Then to serve, place the noodles on the bottom and top with the veggies. Don’t forget to sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds!
This chicken soba noodle salad recipe is great as a dinner, and it keeps overnight, so if you make extra, you have lunch ready for the next day. Woo hoo!
A meal that passes my ‘single momming it’ test is a keeper in my book!
Check out the other slow cooker honey-lime chicken recipes:
And here’s the recipe for the Honey-Lime Chicken & Soba Noodle Salad:
Looking for more pasta salad recipes? Try this Healthy Greek Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe!
Asian Chicken Soba Noodle Salad
- 2 bunches soba noodles (180 g/6.4 oz)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I recommend this Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced thinly)
- 2 cups red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 zucchini (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook soba noodles for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender, but not mushy. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside
- Combine cooled soba noodles, chicken, bell peppers, cabbage, zucchini and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Shake together vinaigrette ingredients and drizzle over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds to garnish.
- Leftovers of this salad do not keep for more than 24 hours, however you may cook the chicken, prepare the vegetables and shake up the vinaigrette up to 4 days ahead.