Get dinner on the table in 10 minutes with this simple and delicious Thai chicken naan pizza! With spicy Thai curry ‘sauce’, shredded chicken and veggies, it’s a unique twist for pizza night.
Do you like to get adventurous with your pizza? We do! Our favorites include this Guacamole Pizza with Corn + Zucchini and this Kale, Pine Nut and Ricotta Pizza. Our go-to lately has been this Thai Chicken Naan Pizza!
Using naan as a base for this pizza is such a convenient way to get dinner on the table quickly (no messing around with dough!). It also means each person can have their own single serve pizza!
With spicy Thai curry ‘sauce’, shredded chicken, and veggies, this Thai curry naan pizza is definitely a unique flavor combo that somehow works SO well.
It easy to prep, packed with so much delicious flavor, and way cheaper than ordering take out.
Reasons you’ll ♡ this Thai chicken naan pizza
Wondering how exactly this pizza comes together? Watch the 1-minute video below! Find more of my videos on my YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Let’s talk ingredients
For these Thai chicken naan bread pizza, you will need:
- naan– or any flatbread
- sauce– yogurt, thai curry paste and tomatoes- yes, this sounds insane but trust me on this one 😉
- chicken– we are using slow cooker honey lime chicken but you can use any shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- cheese– mozzarella works best here but dollops of ricotta are also amazing!
- toppings– thinly sliced bell peppers, shredded carrots and fresh cilantro to serve
Find my favorite sheet pans in my shop!
Tips for perfect pizzas
Find my favorite sheet pans in my shop!
I can’t find naan. What can I use instead?
This method should work well on a variety of flatbreads. Pita bread should work as well. Keep in mind that cook times may vary if you swap the naan.
Can I meal prep this recipe?
After cooking the pizza, it’s best to eat it right away as it is just not as good after sitting. If you want to meal prep, you could prep chop the veggies, pre-shred the cheese and cook the chicken ahead. In fact, this recipe is part of a meal prep plan (+shopping list), which you can find here!
Can I swap an ingredient?
Naan bread pizza is such a flexible recipe. Here are some swaps you can make:
- sauce- swap the sauce for regular pizza sauce, pesto or barbecue sauce. To keep it ‘Thai’, you could swap the sauce for peanut sauce!
- protein- swap the chicken for shrimp, pepperoni, or omit it
- veggies- swap for your favorite pizza toppings! Pineapple, red onion, olives, spinach and so many more.
Looking for more shredded chicken recipes?
- Honey Lime Shredded Chicken Sandwiches (also part of the prep ahead meal plan)
- Sesame Soba Noodle Salad (also part of the prep ahead meal plan)
- Caprese Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Healthy Chicken Quesadilla
- Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
Note: This recipe was originally posted in 2015. It has been republished with fresh photos, tips and a new video in 2020.
Thai Chicken Naan Pizza (10 minutes)
Thai Curry Spiced Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 pieces naan
- 1 bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup shredded chicken (I recommend this Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- cilantro (garnish)
- In a bowl, mash the tomatoes with a fork until soft. Stir in the yogurt and curry paste until completely combined.
- Heat broiler. Arrange naan on sturdy baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the yogurt on each of the naan breads.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Place the pizzas under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through.
- To BBQ: Heat grill over high.
- Grill naan over direct heat for 2 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the yogurt on each of the naan breads, then top with remaining ingredients.
- Place the naan bread pizzas directly on the grate and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through.
- To Serve: Sprinkle with cilantro if desired and serve immediately.
- This recipe is best served fresh, however you can cook the chicken, shred the cheese and prep the vegetables up to 4 days before cooking the pizzas.