33 healthy make ahead lunch bowls to keep your meal prep exciting! Healthy lunch recipes to fuel you all afternoon long, including rice bowls, vegetarian, chicken and beef options.
Stuck in a lunch rut? Let's get you out of it! If you loved our healthy meal prep lunch ideas, then these make ahead lunch bowls are sure to shake up your meal prep with new flavors and inspiration!
Loaded with veggies, protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs - these make ahead lunch bowls are portable and convenient to eat at work or on the go! Best of all, they are absolutely delicious and sure to keep hunger at bay all afternoon long.
Save money, reduce stress, and stick to a healthy routine by adding these make ahead lunch bowls into your meal prep rotation!
reasons you'll love these recipes
- there is something for everyone - from vegetarian bowls, to low carb, gluten-free, chicken, beef and more
- they are filled with wholesome ingredients to set you up for a successful week of healthy eating
- these make ahead lunch bowls are SO quick and easy to prepare!
Tips to keep your lunch bowls fresh
- store your dressing or sauce separately in condiment containers until just before you serve (unless the recipe states otherwise).
- keep leafy greens away from wet ingredients - mason jars are great for layering!
- store in a 2 cup glass meal prep container (keeps your food from absorbing flavors)
- store no longer than 4 days - chicken, rice, and most vegetables start to decline drastically after 4 days
- add toppings such as avocado and cilantro when ready to enjoy, for optimal freshness
These vegetarian lunch bowl recipes have a few things in common: healthy, delicious, portable, and packed with all the good stuff! Keep the dressing separate until just before serving.
These chicken lunch bowl recipe ideas are perfect for a balanced and filling lunch. From pasta salad to butter chicken, stir-fries and more!
Beef + Pork bowls
Just like chicken, beef and pork are incredibly versatile protein sources. These make ahead lunch bowls are diverse in flavor and would be incredible for lunch!