These 30 easy and delicious chicken dinner ideas will get dinner on the table quickly! Healthy weeknight meals with lots of variety, and ideas for dinner tonight!
If you're in a rut with eating the same meals on repeat - it's time to switch things up with these delicious chicken dinner ideas and our healthy 30-minute dinner ideas!
Chicken is one of our go-to protein choices for weeknight meals as it's versatile, easy to cook, and loved by everyone in the family! There's nothing like a classic chicken dinner, but sometimes it's good to switch things up. Turn to these recipes when you need something quick, easy, healthy, and innovative!
These chicken dinner ideas include one-pot and sheet pan meals, slow cooker recipes, salads, and tacos - you'll definitely be able to find some NEW dinner inspiration here.
reasons you'll love these recipes
- they're healthy, delicious and easy
- there's something for everyone here - from tacos, to curry, stir fry, one pot meals, pasta, and more!
- they use simple, affordable and accessible ingredients including pantry staples
Tips for Cooking Chicken
Here are some tips for getting the juiciest, most delicious chicken:
- Cook high and quickly- boneless skinless chicken breasts benefit from high and fast cooking- check out my perfect baked chicken breast here!
- Use a rack - for bone-in chicken thighs, use a rack and convection heat for perfect, crispy skin. Check out my perfect baked chicken thighs here!
- Slice when cool - when cooking chicken for salads, let it cool completely before slicing. This helps seal all the juices in.
- 4 days max - after cooking, you can store cooked chicken in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze in marinade - one of our favorite meal prep tips that went totally viral in 2016 was this post with 7 chicken marinades you can freeze. So much flavor and makes dinner a total breeze!
Yes - many of these recipes can be used for meal prep (be sure to check each post for specific and more details). Get all our tips for how to meal prep chicken here.
Leftover cooked chicken is safe to eat up to 4 days after cooking. We recommend getting the chicken into the fridge quickly after cooking (ie: don't leave it on the counter for hours).