Cilantro lime cauliflower rice is the perfect low carb side dish to go with Mexican and Asian flavors! Simple to prepare and works great for meal prep.
After sharing 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes with you, this cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe is getting its own post!
Full of fresh cilantro and citrussy lime, this simple low carb side dish goes so well with a lot of different flavors (including Mexican, tropical and Asian!), and it’s so simple to prepare.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
This cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- requires few minutes of prep work and is cooked in less than 5 minutes
- works great for meal prep
- goes well with so many flavors!
How to cook it
NOTE- this recipe was tested with homemade cauliflower rice. Store-bought cauliflower rice can vary in size and you may need to adjust the cook time accordingly. For more nitty gritty details and video tutorial for making and storing cauliflower rice, see my How To Make Cauliflower Rice Post!
- Heat oil in pan. Add the riced cauliflower, salt, garlic powder and lime zest.
- Sautee 3-5 minutes, or until the cauliflower rice is done to your liking.
- Stir in the cilantro leaves. Squeeze with lime juice before serving, if desired.
Can I made it ahead and store it?
This recipe does work well for meal prep, in fact you can find similar variations in this Honey Chipotle Meatball Meal Prep and these Santa Fe Low Carb Chicken Meal Prep posts. You might wish to leave the cilantro out for long term storage, however I routinely eat this up to 4 days after cooking.
Serve it with
- these Fajita Chicken Skewers
- this Peanut Ginger Tofu Stir Fry
- Grilled Broccolini with Chili & Lime
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Shortcut Jerk Chicken Marinade or this delicious Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Thai Salmon Patties
- I used my 7 Cup Food Processor to rice my cauliflower, but you can also use a box grater and do it by hand
- This is my (very basic) Non-Stick Pan
- Looking for more cauliflower rice recipes? Check out this Coconut Cauliflower Rice, this Turmeric Golden Cauliflower Rice and this Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Rice
- Find my traditional Cilantro Lime Rice here, and 7 Easy Rice Recipes here!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
To rice cauliflower
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry.
- Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
- Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse 10-15 times, until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
To cook cauliflower rice recipes
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower, salt, garlic powder and lime zest to the pan.
- Cook for around 5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy.
- Stir in the cilantro, and enjoy!
- You can store riced cauliflower (uncooked) for up to 10 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You can store cooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for up to 4 days.