Sesame ginger cauliflower rice is a simple way to add extra flavor to your cauliflower rice! Perfect for an easy low carb side dish.
After sharing 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes with you, this sesame cauliflower rice recipe is getting its own post!
Cooked in sesame oil with ground or fresh ginger, and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, the sesame ginger flavors of this cauliflower rice recipe pair well with Asian flavors. This cauliflower rice recipe works great as a low carb side dish, and in meal prep recipes!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
This sesame ginger cauliflower rice
- has only 5 ingredients
- can be cooked ahead and enjoyed in meal prep recipes
- is cooked in under 5 minutes
How to cook it
NOTE- this recipe was tested with homemade cauliflower rice. Store-bought cauliflower rice can vary in size and you may need to adjust the cook time accordingly. For more nitty gritty details and video tutorial for making and storing cauliflower rice, see my How To Make Cauliflower Rice Post!
- Heat sesame oil in pan. Add the riced cauliflower, salt, and ground ginger (or fresh ginger).
- Sautee 3-5 minutes, or until the cauliflower rice is done to your liking.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. I used a mix of regular and black sesame seeds for these photos.
Can I make it ahead and store it?
Absolutely! This recipe keeps great in the fridge for up to 4 days.
What to serve with it
- Hoisin Turkey Meatloaf
- Asian Slaw Recipe
- 5 Minute Asian Salad Dressing
- Freezer Asian Peanut Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken or this Vegan Teriyaki Stir Fry
- I used my 7 Cup Food Processor to rice my cauliflower, but you can also use a box grater and do it by hand
- This is my (very basic) Non-Stick Pan
- Looking for more cauliflower rice recipes? Check out this Coconut Cauliflower Rice, this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and this Golden Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
- Find my favorite traditional rice recipes in this 7 Easy Rice Recipes post!
Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds to serve
To rice cauliflower
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry.
- Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
- Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse 10-15 times, until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
- Heat sesame oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower, salt and ginger to the pan.
- Cook for around 5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- You can store riced cauliflower (uncooked) for up to 10 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You can store cooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for up to 4 days.