Lemon garlic cauliflower rice is the perfect low carb side dish recipe that goes well with Mediterranean flavors. So simple to prepare and works for meal prep as well.
After sharing these 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes, this lemon garlic variation is finally getting it's very own post!
With just five ingredients, this citrussy cauliflower rice recipe is the perfect way to jazz up plain cauliflower rice. It goes well with a number of different cuisines including Mediterranean, and North African.
Check out this post for more information on How to Make Cauliflower Rice (including a video demo and information on how to store it for meal prep).
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
This lemon garlic cauliflower rice
- requires few minutes of prep work and is cooked in less than 5 minutes
- works great for meal prep
- goes well with so many flavors!
How to cook it
NOTE- this recipe was tested with homemade cauliflower rice. Store-bought cauliflower rice can vary in size and you may need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the riced cauliflower, salt, garlic powder and lemon zest.
- Sautee 3-5 minutes, or until the cauliflower rice is done to your liking.
Can I add fresh garlic? Absolutely. I would sautee it for a minute before adding the riced cauliflower so you don't end up with raw garlic flavor in the rice.
Can I prep this recipe ahead for meal prep? Yes! After cooking, you can store in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. You might want to undercook slightly before freezing as it softens as it thaws. Another tip for freezing is to reheat in a skillet so some of the moisture can evaporate.
What goes well with it? The beauty of this recipe is that it pairs well with so many different flavors!
Here's how I serve it:
- Baked Chicken Breast- It goes really well with the flavors of this Saffron Chicken Marinade.
- Salmon- the lemon would go perfectly with the herbs in this Herb Crusted Broiled Salmon!
- Side salad- we love it with this Spiralized Cucumber Salad
- Roasted or Grilled Veggies- our go to side dish! This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is a great fall/winter option and these Grilled Brussels Sprouts are perfect for summer!
Tips & equipment
- I used my 7 Cup Food Processor to rice my cauliflower, but you can also use a box grater and do it by hand
- This is my ceramic non-stick greenpan
- Looking for more cauliflower rice recipes? Check out this Coconut Cauliflower Rice, this Turmeric Golden Cauliflower Rice and this Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Rice
- Find my traditional Lemon Herb Rice here, and 7 Easy Rice Recipes here!
Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced)
- 1 lemon (zested)
To rice cauliflower
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry.
- Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
- Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse 10-15 times, until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
To cook cauliflower rice
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower, salt, garlic powder and lemon zest to the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy.
- Stir in the cilantro, and enjoy!
- You can store riced cauliflower (uncooked for up to 10 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer).
- You can store cooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for up to 4 days.