Coconut cauliflower rice is a simple way to add more flavor to your cauliflower rice! Creamy, rich, and so delicious! Paleo, low carb and vegan.
After sharing 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes with you, this coconut cauliflower rice recipe is getting its own post!
Creamy, slightly sweet, and tasting totally rich, this coconut cauliflower rice goes well with tropical and Asian flavors! It works great served fresh or as part of a cooked meal prep recipe.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to pin it for later!
This coconut cauliflower rice
- is creamy, slightly sweet, and totally rich
- is paleo, vegan, gluten-free and low carb
- requires just a few minutes of prep work and is cooked in less than 5 minutes
How to cook coconut cauliflower rice
NOTE- this recipe was tested with homemade cauliflower rice. Store-bought cauliflower rice can vary in size and you may need to adjust the cook time accordingly. For more nitty gritty details and video tutorial for making and storing cauliflower rice, see my How To Make Cauliflower Rice Post!
- Heat oil in pan. Add the riced cauliflower, salt and garlic powder.
- Sautee 3-5 minutes, or until the cauliflower rice is done to your liking.
- Stir in the coconut milk and stir until it is *just* combined.
Can I made this coconut cauliflower rice ahead and store it? This recipe does work well for meal prep! It will soften slightly as it sits but the flavor is great. Uncooked riced cauliflower also stores great and you can store in the freezer (up to 3 months) or the fridge (10 or so days).
Can I swap or omit the coconut sugar? Yes! If you are keeping things low carb, definitely leave out the sugar. You can also swap for brown sugar.
What goes well with coconut cauliflower rice? So many things!
- Chili Lime Chicken Skewers with Mango Sauce
- Sweet Chili Salmon
- this Peanut Ginger Tofu Stir Fry
- Hoisin Turkey Meatloaf
- Shortcut Jerk Chicken Marinade or this delicious Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Thai Salmon Patties
Tips & equipment for coconut cauliflower rice
- I used my 7 Cup Food Processor to rice my cauliflower, but you can also use a box grater and do it by hand
- This is my (very basic) Non-Stick Pan
- Looking for more cauliflower rice recipes? Check out this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice, this Turmeric Golden Cauliflower Rice and this Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Rice
- Find my traditional Coconut Rice recipe here, and 7 Easy Rice Recipes here!
Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
To rice cauliflower
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry.
- Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
- Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse 10-15 times, until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
To cook coconut cauliflower rice
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add riced cauliflower, salt and coconut sugar to the pan.
- Cook for around 5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and enjoy!
- You can store riced cauliflower (uncooked) for up to 10 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You can store cooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for up to 4 days.