You can do half the prep work ahead for this lemon chicken sheet pan gnocchi, making for a ridiculously easy weeknight dinner.
When I went back to work full-time after having Kai, dinners were an absolute nightmare. Often we wouldn’t have anything thawed out, and we wouldn’t even have a clue of what we would be eating for dinner…as of 5 pm.
I know I’m not alone, dinners can be so hard, especially when you’re tired and hungy.
So make ahead dinners are my focus for 2017 on the blog. And I have another one for us today: this make ahead lemon chicken sheet pan gnocchi!
You guys know I love my gnocchi…pan-fried to crispy perfection. Evidence: this One Pan Gnocchi with Sundried Tomatoes and White Beans, and this summery Caprese Chicken Gnocchi Skillet.
But when I saw that you can roast your gnocchi? Mind blown.
I knew I wanted to prep as much of this lemon chicken sheet pan gnocchi as possible ahead so I picked hearty veggies: red onions, broccoli and brussels sprouts. I tossed everything in olive oil with some oregano and lemon slices and stored it in the fridge for up to 3 days (these 8 cup storage containers are perfect for this!).
You can also pre-chop the chicken, though I would store it in a separate container from the veggies.
When you’re ready to cook up this lemon chicken sheet pan gnocchi, simply toss the veggies and chicken together with a package of gnocchi (add some extra olive oil if needed), then spread out on a sheet pan.
Sprinkle with sea salt just before roasting, so that everything gets nice and seasoned.
And roast! So basically, all you have to do is stir some stuff together and spread it on a sheet pan and put it in the oven. Easy? Check. Tasty? CHECK!
While the gnocchi does not get the crispy texture that the pan fried gnocchi gets, it does get a nice chew to it. Sometimes gnocchi can end up too soft for my taste but this gnocchi is nice and firm, and gets a lot of nice flavor from the lemon slices and some feta cheese that we sprinkled over everything.
Another easy make ahead dinner that you can add to your meal prep routine! Have a great weekend, friends!
More easy make ahead dinners for us:
- these Make Ahead Chickpea Butternut Fajitas make dinner a breeze
- and this Healthy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili can be assembled ahead and frozen
- as can this Make Ahead One Pot Black Bean Fajita Pasta
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 lemon sliced
- 500g packaged gnocchi
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 3 inch strips
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the onion, broccoli, brussels sprouts, lemon, gnocchi, oregano and olive oil together. Spread out on a large baking sheet (you may want to use two baking sheets).
- Toss the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with the sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the chicken and toss everything up, and cook for 10-15 more minutes. Chicken will be ready after 20 minutes total time, and veggies will be ready in 25-30 minutes total time.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and enjoy.
- Toss the onion, broccoli, brussels sprouts, lemon, oregano and olive oil together (leave the gnocchi in the package until you're ready to bake). Store in the fridge in a well sealed container for up to 3 days. The chicken can be pre-sliced and stored in a separate container.
- When ready to bake, add the gnocchi to the veggies and chicken, toss evenly (add more olive oil if needed), and bake as indicated above.
Calories 471 // Fat 13 g // Saturated Fat 2 g // Cholesterol 70 mg // Carbohydrate 87 g // Fiber 11 g // Sugars 5 g // Protein 40 g