Sharing 40 healthy grill recipes to get inspired for warmer weather! From side dishes, meatless options, beef, seafood and chicken recipes, there's a bit of everything.
If the grill makes you think of burgers and hot dogs, you are in for a real treat. These 40 healthy grilling recipes think outside the box with fresh, light and flavorful recipes.
Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a cookout for a crowd, these healthy BBQ recipes have some great ideas for the main course as well as for side dishes.
Using the grill is great for so many reasons including:
- it can mean less dishes for you to wash
- it imparts new flavor dimension to your food: a char and smokiness, but also it can enhance or bring out new flavors from vegetables
- grilling is easy, fun, and means you can keep socializing while you cook
- lightens things up- as you grill, excess fat from your food will drip through the grates
So often BBQ recipes can seem heavy, so I wanted to share some lighter favorites to get inspired for summer grilling.
Sides & Salads
From appetizers to side dishes to salads, grilling your vegetables can add a nice, smoky charred flavor to them, while concentrating and enhancing their other flavors. Here are some of our favorite grilled side dishes and salads:
1. Summer Barley Salad with Grilled Corn and Blueberries from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 2. Grilled Mushroom Appetizer with Bruschetta and Goat Cheese from Sweet Peas and Saffron
3. Grilled Caprese Zucchini Roll-Ups from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 4. Easy Grilled Cauliflower Recipe with Jalapeño Lime Butter from Sweet Peas and Saffron
5. Grilled Broccoli with Lemon & Parmesan from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 6. Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter from Sweet Peas and Saffron
7. Balsamic Grilled Zucchini with Parmesan from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 8. Unbelievably Crispy Grilled Potatoes (No Foil) from Sweet Peas and Saffron
9. Grilled Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Walnuts and Pecorino from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 10. Grilled Potato Salad with Onions, Peppers, and Arugula from Sweet Peas and Saffron
When you think of the barbecue, I bet grilled meat comes to mind first! Here are six tasty meatless options that prove the BBQ can be used for more than just meat:
1. Enchilada Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 2. Grilled Veggie & Black Bean Meal Prep Bowls from Sweet Peas and Saffron
3. Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap from Maebells // 4. Grilled Zucchini Caprese Sandwich from Tastes Lovely
5. Barbecue Grilled Pineapple & Tofu Kebabs from Simply Quinoa // 6. Easy Grilled Cauliflower Steaks from Spend with Pennies
These healthy BBQ beef recipes are bound to change up your usual routine! Sharing recipes made with creative flavors and techniques, plus a few of the classics.
1. Thai Beef Kofta Recipe with Coconut Sauce from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 2. Garlic Butter Steak and Potato Foil Packets from Savory Nothings
3. Korean Beef Skewers from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 4. Low Carb Satay Beef Meal Prep from Sweet Peas and Saffron
5. Juicy Grilled Burgers from The Cookie Rookie // 6. Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza from The Recipe Rebel
Turkey is a great alternative to beef if you are looking to lighten up your meals. It's so versatile, too, and works with a variety of flavors and ingredients. Here are some delicious turkey BBQ recipes:
1. Southwestern Grilled Turkey Burgers from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 2. Turkey Sausage & Sweet Potato Lunch Bowls from Sweet Peas and Saffron
3. Sausage Kabobs from Chelsea's Messy Apron // 4. Greek Turkey Burgers from Real Simple Good
5. How to cook a turkey on a grill from She Wears Many Hats // 6. Freezer Friendly Turkey Tacos in a bag from Meal Plan Addict
From shrimp to salmon and more, the grill is a great way to add texture and added flavor to your favorite seafood. Here are some favorites:
1. Chili-Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 2. Chipotle Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Maple Glaze from Sweet Peas and Saffron
3. Grilled Fish Tacos with Kiwi Jalapeño Salsa from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 4. Low Carb Wasabi Grilled Salmon Bowls from Sweet Peas and Saffron
5. Souvlaki Salmon Skewers with Feta Yogurt Sauce from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 6. Grilled Spicy Lime Shrimp from The Recipe Critic
Classic chicken...you just can't go wrong here. There are a few tricks to follow to end up with delicious charred BBQ chicken that is still tender and juicy on the insides (see the perfect grilled chicken breast recipe below for all my tips!). Check out these tasty recipes:
1. Chicken Satay Salad from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 2. Perfect Grilled Chicken Breast from Sweet Peas and Saffron
3. Freezer to Grill Fajita Chicken Skewers from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 4. Thai Chicken Naan Pizza from Sweet Peas and Saffron
5. Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets from Dinner at the Zoo // 6. Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Skewers from Maebells
Leave a Comment