Move over roasted broccoli, because grilled broccoli is the PERFECT alternative for summer! This simple recipe has 4 ingredients and is ready in 20 min.
Roasted broccoli is all the rage, but who wants to turn the oven on in the summer? Certainly not me.
We’ve been grilling our broccoli lately and it’s so similar in flavor to roasted broccoli…it gets slightly crispy, and almost sweet with brown caramelized bits.
And the best part is how simple it is to cook! You can have this grilled broccoli on your table in under 20 minutes!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
This lemon parmesan grilled broccoli
- has only 4 ingredients (plus salt & pepper)
- is ready in under 20 minutes
- tastes just as good as roasted broccoli!
How to grill broccoli
Grilling broccoli is a very similar process to roasting broccoli! For this recipe, we:
- toss broccoli florets in olive oil and lemon juice
- place your broccoli on the grill over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring and flipping halfway (*)
- remove from grill, sprinkle with parmesan, and enjoy!
* I highly recommend using a grill pan to cook your broccoli on the grill so that you don’t lose any florets through the grill. This is the one I own! Otherwise you might even consider skewering your broccoli to make it easier to grill.
What other seasonings can I used on this grilled broccoli recipe? Sesame broccoli: swap the olive oil for sesame oil; top with sesame seeds (omit the lemon & parmesan). Lemon & feta- swap the parmesan for feta and fresh mint. Chili Lime- Try chili powder and lime, or even this lemon herb seasoning recipe!
What goes well with grilled broccoli? This grilled broccoli is so versatile! Here are some easy ideas to pair with it:
- this 3-Ingredient Maple Glazed Salmon or this Chili Rubbed Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
- any of these Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
- one of these 7 Easy Rice Recipes (especially the Coconut Rice or the Saffron Rice) or with Cauliflower Rice
Tips & equipment for grilling broccoli
- I highly recommend using a vegetable grill pan for your broccoli (This is the one I own!)
- This recipe is best served right after cooking, but you can pre-chop your broccoli up to 5 days ahead (keep it refrigerated in a sealed container like this one)
- Looking for more summer side dishes? Try this post with Sugar Snap Peas- 3 Ways, these 7 Easy Rice Recipes, or our Staple Kale Salad
Grilled Broccoli with Lemon & Parmesan
- 1 lb broccoli florets (roughly 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Heat grill to medium heat (350°F).
- Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, lemon juice and lemon slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill broccoli (I recommend using a vegetable grilling plate) for 7-10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Broccoli is done when it is bright green with some crispy, brown bits.
- Transfer broccoli to serving plate, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
To prep ahead
- This broccoli recipe is best served right after cooking, however you may pre-chop the broccoli florets and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.