This grilled cauliflower recipe is served with the BEST jalapeño lime butter, and is ready in 20 minutes! One of the best cauliflower recipes out there!
Well hello, Friday. You sure took your time getting here. I was expecting you days ago!
Is it just me, or does the work week drag on during the summer? I just can’t wait to get to the week-end because…sun…deck…bbq…splash pool…fun!
OK that stuff kind of happens in that 30-minute window between the dishes being done and Kai’s bedtime, but it just feels too short sometimes!
These days I am not in the mood to be slaving over a hot oven. I want something fast and easy! And here’s one of them recipes. This grilled cauliflower recipe is SO simple and easy, and is one of the best cauliflower recipes I’ve tried!
I’m really good at making salads. And main courses. And sometimes desserts. But there is a strange absence of non-salad kinds of side dishes on my blog.
So I made one.
This grilled cauliflower recipe is not fancy, there aren’t really too many bells and whistles. But there’s cauliflower. There’s butter. And there’s jalapeño and lime.
Put them all together and you have a delicious, easy side dish!
Easy as in: throw the cauliflower on the grill. Whip the butter up in the food processor. Eat. And get on with your summery activities!
And I’m just going to warn you now…you’re going to want to put this jalapeño lime butter on everything. Meat? Other veggies? Toast? Hmmm…maybe!
S0. We are going to have a fantabulous week-end of all afore-mentioned summery things, aaand this delish buttery grilled cauliflower recipe. What are your plans?
Grilled Cauliflower Recipe with Jalapeno Lime Butter
A healthy and delicious side dish of grilled cauliflower florets that are topped with a delicious jalapeño-lime butter.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt *see note
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped into 1.5 inch florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime (roughly 1.5 tablespoons)
- medium heat, 5 min
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and blend. It is much easier to blend the jalapeño if it is pre-diced. You may need to double the recipe to blend properly in a larger food processor.
- Pre-heat grill over to high heat.
- Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil and lime juice.
- Grill the cauliflower on a vegetable grilling tray, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the cauliflower and cook, keeping an eye on it (and stirring/flipping frequently), until it reaches desired 'done-ness'. We cooked ours for 5 more minutes and served it 'al dente'!
- Serve cauliflower immediately, topped with the jalpeño-lime butter
Calories 207 // Fat 18 g // Saturated Fat 8 g // Cholesterol 85 mg // Sodium 185 mg // Carbohydrate 4 g // Fiber 2 g // Sugars 2 g // Protein 8 g
* I used unsalted butter. If you use salted butter, leave the salt out.
Make sure to cut your jalapeño up into small pieces before putting it in the food processor (NOT what is pictured), it will make it much easier to get it blended into the butter.
|Serving Size||¼ batch|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 207 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18 g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8 g||40%|
|Cholesterol 85 mg||28%|
|Sodium 185 mg||8%|
|Carbohydrate 4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 8 g|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|