These easy crock pot potatoes cook up with olive oil and herbs and save room in your oven or on the stove. The easiest side dish that takes minutes to toss into the slow cooker.
Summer is here and that means the oven is a no-go for awhile. I recently shared my favorite Unbelievably Crispy Grilled Potatoes, and now I’m sharing another family fave: these herb and olive oil crock pot potatoes!
I don’t know why it has taken me this long to cook potatoes in the slow cooker…it’s so easy and they are surprisingly delicious.
These crock pot potatoes are seasoned really simply with just some dried thyme, oregano, and salt, HOWEVER you are going to be blown away by how much flavor they have!
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
You’re going to love these crock pot potatoes because
- they have just 6 simple ingredients
- you can get them into the crock pot in under 10 minutes
- you can keep your oven off or free it up for other recipes
How to cook crockpot potatoes
For this recipe, I used baby potatoes. Any baby potato will do!
During experimentation I found that high and fast was the way to cook these potatoes, low and slow resulted in dry, chewy potatoes. Bleh.
Here is how to cookcrock pot potatoes:
- Cut baby potatoes in half
- Toss in olive oil, thyme, oregano and salt
- Place in a slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours
Can I use another type of potato? I believe so, however I have only tested these crockpot potatoes with baby potatoes.
Can I use fresh herbs? Absolutely! Fresh thyme, oregano or rosemary would all be great on these slow cooker potatoes. Use an equal amount to dry herbs.
Can I cut this recipe in half? Yes however you will need a smaller crock pot. I tested a half batch of these potatoes in my 2.5 quart slow cooker and it worked great.
Can I cook these slow cooker potatoes on low for longer? No. When testing I found that the potatoes ended up dry and chewy when cooked low and slow.
Can I use this recipe for sweet potatoes? I love cooking sweet potatoes in the slow cooker and have a recipe for Ultra Creamy Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes here.
What to serve with slow cooker potatoes?
This is the perfect all-purpose side dish and goes super well with a lot of recipes. Here’s what I serve with my slow cooker potatoes:
- Baked Chicken Breast– this Perfect Baked Chicken Breast is a reader and household favorite!
- Salmon– this Balsamic Salmon Marinade is hard to beat.
- Side Salad– this Summer Couscous Salad is on repeat right now!
- Veggies– how about some Instant Pot Corn on the Cob (easiest way to cook it), or Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter?
Tips & equipment for this crock pot potatoes recipe
- I tested a full batch in my 6 quart slow cooker and a half batch in my 2.5 quart slow cooker
- these potatoes are best eaten right after cooking (leftovers dry out)
- Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes? Check out these Crockpot Chicken Wings with Maple Ginger Glaze, this Crockpot Salsa Chicken and this Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Crock Pot Potatoes
- 2 lbs baby potatoes (halved; any color works)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, thyme, oregano and salt. Transfer to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- This recipe does not keep well for leftovers and is best enjoyed immediately.