Crockpot chicken wings with a sticky maple ginger glaze make the slow cooker do all the hard work. With a delicious, finger-licking maple ginger glaze!
Craving wings with very little effort? These crockpot chicken wings are made for you!
Cooking wings in the slow cooker is so easy, and makes them fall off the bone tender.
But what about the skin? Finish them off under the broiler (brush with maple syrup first!) and you are rewarded with the perfect chicken wings: juicy and tender, but sticky and sweet with that maple ginger glaze.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Reasons to love these crockpot chicken wings:
- there are only 5 simple ingredients and you can assemble these ahead as a freezer crockpot meal
- they are hands off and so easy to cook
- they are kid approved!
How to cook them
These chicken wings take only 5 minutes to get cooking. To the slow cooker we will add:
- soy sauce- I prefer reduced sodium
- chicken stock- store bought or homemade
- fresh ginger- grated on the fine side of a box grater. Fresh is best for this recipe!
- chicken wings- pictured is 1.5 lbs but you can easily double this recipe and cook in a 5 quart slow cooker
Assemble your ingredients and cook on low for 4 hours. Transfer wings to a baking sheet, brush with maple syrup, and broil for 2-3 minutes.
Do I have to broil them? I highly recommend it. Not only does it reduce the maple syrup into a sticky glaze, but it helps the chicken skin get nice and crispy.
Can I cook them on high? Sure, you can cook for 2-3 hours on high.
Can I finish them on the grill? Yes! Grill on medium-high, turning them (and brushing with more maple syrup) until they are browned and crispy.
Serve them with
Here are some ideas!
- Kale Pasta Salad (skip the chicken)
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic Butter
- 10 Minute Crunchy Rainbow Thai Salad
- Instant Pot Carrots with Honey Glaze
- a batch of Perfect Brown Rice
- Asparagus or Broccoli
- One of these 7 Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- This Asian Slaw with Sesame Vinaigrette
Tips & equipment
- 1.5 lbs chicken wings (split; wings and drummettes)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated on the fine part of a box grater)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- green onions (to garnish)
- Place all ingredients in a 2.5 quart crock pot. Stir the wings so they are coated in the sauce and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove wings from the sauce and arrange on a baking sheet. Brush with maple syrup.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, rotating the pan halfway and brushing with extra maple syrup. The wings are ready when they are golden brown and the maple syrup is sticky and thick.
- Sprinkle green onions over the wings and serve.
- Assemble the wings, chicken stock, soy sauce and ginger in a reusable container or freezer bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible and freeze flat. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw completely before cooking as directed above.
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.