Reduce your morning stress with these 49 healthy make ahead breakfast recipes that are perfect for stocking up your fridge or freezer! With smoothies, eggs, oatmeal, and more, these breakfasts are going to start your day off on the right track.
Are you a morning person? Me neither. Without a stash of meal prep breakfasts, I am hopelessly lost. The healthy make ahead breakfast recipes in this post are the staples that I turn to time and time again.
Make ahead breakfast recipes are an absolute godsend when you are rushing around in the morning.
I used to find myself skipping breakfast too many times, only to over-indulge later in the morning. After getting into the habit of prepping my breakfasts ahead, mornings have been so much less stressful!
Not only do I eat a healthy breakfast, but I save myself money and reduce my morning stress.
These 49 make ahead breakfast recipes can be stored either in the fridge or the freezer, making the morning routine just a little easier. Check them out!
While smoothies are not the first thing I think of when I hear ‘make ahead breakfasts’, they can actually be prepped ahead and frozen in jars. This saves you time when you are ready to blend. No more rushing around looking for your add ins, simply dump into the blender with your blending liquid and blend away!
Find more tips for making smoothie packs here.
5. Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie (with Hemp Hearts) from Sweet Peas and Saffron // 6. Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie with Pineapple from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Bars, Granola & Cookies
The classic ‘grab and go’ kind of breakfast. You can make a meal out of these or enjoy for a healthy snack. Regardless, you will be happy you skipped the store-bought options and made your own.
9. 7 Homemade Granola Bars from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Oatmeal, parfaits and chia pudding
Hi!!! Oatmeal addict here! Not only is it perfect for making ahead, but it freezes, thaws and reheats like a dream. Here are some great options:
16. Easy Baked Oatmeal Muffins (7 Flavors) from Sweet Peas and Saffron
21. Apple Pecan Baked Oatmeal from Kitchen Craze // 22. Chocolate Chia Pudding from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Pancakes, Muffins, and Waffles
Pancakes and waffles don’t have to be strictly a ‘weekend thing’ if you make them ahead! We reheat by gently warming in the microwave and placing in the toaster to get them crispy. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Eggs are such a great choice for meal prep; they keep well in both the fridge or freezer. Here are some great ways to enjoy them.
33. 7 Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins (Freezer) from Sweet Peas and Saffron
36. Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Bacon & Sweet Potatoes from Sweet Peas & Saffron // 37. Broccoli Cheese Crustless Quiche from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Sandwiches, burritos, and tacos
Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls
Just like you make lunch bowls, you can make meal prep breakfast bowls as well! Loaded with healthy proteins, starches and vegetables, this is a great way to start your day.