Peanut butter & jam breakfast cookies are an easy grab and go meal that you can prep ahead! Perfect for a snack or for breakfast; packed with 6 g protein and the delicious flavors of peanut butter and jam.
Have you jumped on the breakfast cookie train? Because these peanut butter & jam breakfast cookies have me fully on board with this food trend.
Although truth be told, we enjoy them more as ‘snack cookies’, but they are absolutely perfect for a meal prep breakfast as well.
I don’t know why it has taken me so long to revisit my childhood favorite of PB & J, but I am so glad I did! These healthy breakfast cookies are peanut buttery, with a huge burst of flavor from the sweet fruity jam.
Not only are the base peanut butter breakfast cookies free from refined sugar, but they have a boost of protein, 6 g to be exact! That means that they have some staying power to keep you going.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!
How to prep these breakfast cookies:
The base of the cookies involves a bit of coconut oil, natural peanut butter, and honey (maple syrup works as well). Mix them all together until smooth, and add some eggs, vanilla, and your dry ingredients (all purpose flour + oats + ground flax + baking powder).
Once your ingredients are mixed, form 1/4 cup portions on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. The dough is quite sticky but you can work it into a ‘nest’ using your hands.
Spoon a tablespoon of your favorite jam in the middle. You could try making your own chia jam for a healthier and refined sugar-free option!
Bake them up, and enjoy! This recipe is super simple to throw together and is ready in under 30 minutes.
Now I do have to warn you that these peanut butter & jam breakfast cookies are not like normal cookies…they are soft and cakier and definitely not as sweet. But for me, they still totally feel like a treat, except they actually leave me feeling satisfied.
Since they are quite large, one is enough for a snack or breakfast. Perfect served with a big cup of coffee.
Cheers, friends! Happy Monday 🙂
Tips for perfect Peanut Butter & Jam Breakfast Cookies
- use a large microwave safe bowl to melt the coconut oil before mixing everything in. I used this one.
- scoop using a 1/4 cup measuring cup to get cookies of even size
- make your own chia jam (I like this one from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen) for a refined sugar and cleaner version
- looking for more meal prep breakfast recipes? Check out these 7 Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins, these Healthy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches, or this round-up with 28 Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas, and don’t forget about this Creamy Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip 3 Ways as another meal prep snack option!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 6-7 tablespoons jam of choice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a large bowl. Stir in the peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and honey until smooth.
- Add the rolled oats, flour, baking powder and ground flax. Mix until completely combined.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup portions and shape them on the baking sheet into a round cookie with an indent in the middle.
- Spoon in 1 tablespoon of jam in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edge around the bottoms start to brown.
- Cool completely before storing away for 3-4 days in a sealed container.