A simple and easy honey lime shredded chicken sandwich recipe with corn slaw: a fresh, easy week-night dinner!
Note: this is part of a 3-in-1 recipe where I provide a base slow cooker recipe and three ways to use it.
Now that we have a whole lotta honey-lime pulled chicken (instructions are in this post), what to do with it?
Well, since it’s still summer (yes, pumpkin everything on Pinterest, you can just go away. We are still enjoying corn and berries here in summer-land), and I plan on enjoying it to its fullest!
So here’s a ridiculously easy and summery shredded chicken sandwich recipe for us!
This shredded chicken sandwich recipe is SO easy. All you really need to do is cook up some fresh corn, cut up some cabbage and cilantro, and toss everything in a tangy lime vinaigrette. It’s really that simple.
Load up a nice, soft bun (I went for the good ones, as you can see) with the chicken, then the slaw. And enjoy!
It’s light, and fresh, a little bit sweet from the honey-lime chicken and the corn, and a little bit tangy from the fresh lime in the slaw, with a nice crunch from the cabbage.
And ready in 20 minutes! Holy cow, is that amazing or what!?
See the other slow cooker honey-lime chicken recipes:
And here’s the recipe:
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 buns
- 2 cups of pulled honey lime chicken
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the corn and cook for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes (running under cold water helps), then slice the kernels off the corn.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, cabbage and cilantro.
- Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients, and toss to coat the corn, cabbage and cilantro.
- Top each bun with around ½ cup of pulled chicken and corn and cabbage slaw.
- Serve immediately.
Calories 333 // Fat 7 g // Saturated Fat 1 g // Cholesterol 0 mg // Sodium 355 mg // Carbohydrate 49 g // Fiber 3 g // Sugars 7 g // Protein 22 g
Products used in this recipe: