Posted by https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/7-chicken-marinade-recipes-freezer-friendly/
© 2017 Sweet Peas and Saffron. All rights reserved.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
Per chicken breast (serves 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For 1 lb of chicken (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy duty freezer bag. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat in marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- If freezing, place in the freezer immediately. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or by immersing the bag in a bowl of cold water for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 10-20 minutes.
- For 5-7 oz chicken breasts, bake for 20 minutes total. For 10 oz and larger chicken breasts, bake for at least 25 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Loading nutrition data...