Cilantro lime chicken marinade has just six simple ingredients and infuses chicken breasts with delicious, aromatic cilantro, lime and garlic flavors. Serve over salad, in tacos, or just as is.
We are always on the look out for ways to mix up our chicken routine, and one of the best ways to add flavor is through a chicken marinade.
I am a little obsessed with chicken marinades; you might remember this post with 7 Chicken Marinade Recipes You Can Freeze? Well this cilantro lime chicken marinade is originally from that post, however I thought it was time to give it it’s very own post.
NEW: looking for Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes? Check this post out!
Reasons to love this cilantro lime chicken marinade?
- it has only 6 ingredients, which you may already have on hand, but are easily found at most grocery stores
- you can freeze the chicken right in the marinade for easy convenient cilantro lime chicken freezer packs
- you can bake or grill the chicken
I like that this cilantro lime chicken is a little more on the subtle side. Don’t get me wrong, the cilantro and lime flavors are prominent, but they are less assertive than some of my Asian chicken marinade recipes.
This cilantro lime chicken is perfect served over a fresh crunchy taco salad, or in tacos with a tangy slaw on top…OR just eat it as is. The cilantro lime chicken breasts are perfectly juicy, with aromatic cilantro and lime flavors infused all the way through.
How to marinate your cilantro lime chicken:
- marinate for 2-24 hours, or up to 3 months if you are freezing them
- use a freezer bag to get good coverage of the chicken breasts with the cilantro lime marinade
- bake them up on a baking sheet, or grill them on the barbecue
Cilantro lime chicken marinade
- This recipe is for 1 large 7 oz chicken breast. Double it up for 1 lb of chicken and to serve 4.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy duty freezer bag. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat in marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- If freezing, place in the freezer immediately. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or by immersing the bag in a bowl of cold water for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 10-20 minutes.
- For 5-7 oz chicken breasts, bake for 20 minutes total. For 10 oz and larger chicken breasts, bake for at least 25 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.