This goji peach cherry smoothie tastes just like chocolate, but is free from added sugar and is packed with healthy ingredients that can reduce anxiety and promote better sleep.
We absolutely love our go-to basic Strawberry Smoothie and Mango Smoothie recipes, but it can also be fun to think outside the box and use some slightly unusual ingredients. This Goji Peach Cherry smoothie is just a little different and the surprising thing...it tastes like chocolate!
Cherries and peaches are naturally sweet, and we don't need to add any extra sweetener to this smoothie! With only four simple ingredients for the base recipe, you can have it prepped and ready in just 5 minutes.
Jazz it up with your favorite add ins and prep smoothie packs ahead for easy breakfast blending.
Why you’ll ♡ this goji peach cherry smoothie
- It is vegan and gluten-free
- Meal prep friendly
- Banana-free, but still thick and delicious
Ingredients we'll need
The base smoothie recipe consists of:
- frozen cherries: purchase frozen or freeze fresh ones yourself (remove pits first)
- frozen peaches: purchase frozen or freeze fresh ones yourself (see how here)
- blending liquid: almond milk, oat milk, dairy milk or even water
- goji berries: make sure they are safe for you to eat (they are not suitable for pregnant women or people with diabetes)
- optional add ins: 1-2 handfuls of spinach leaves, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and/or 1 teaspoon of ground flax
- meal prep- prep this smoothie fresh or make smoothie packs to save time later when you go to blend it up(directions are in the recipe card)
- blending- if you are adding spinach and do not have a good quality blender, blend this spinach with the blending liquid first to get it completely smooth. Then add in the frozen fruit and other ingredients.
- straw- I love using reusable silicone straws in my smoothies in place of stainless steel.
Find my favorite blender, straws and smoothie add ins in my shop!
Do I need both peaches and cherries?
You can omit the peaches, however the cherries make it quite sweet on it's own. You can omit the cherries, but you may need to add something to boost the sweetness a touch.
Can I skip the goji berries?
Absolutely, swap for your favorite smoothie add ins or just leave them out all together.
More healthy smoothies
- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie
- Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie
- Green Mango Superfood Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Chai Smoothie
- 7 Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup frozen peach slices
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flax
- 1-2 handfuls spinach
- Place everything in the base of a blender and blend until smooth.
- do not add almond milk until you are ready to blend
- get the jar into the freezer ASAP so the fruit doesn't thaw and then refreeze to the jar (makes it hard to get it out.
- to get out of the jar, gently scrape with a spoon. If anything gets stuck, fill jar ½ way with almond milk and allow to sit for 1 minute. Put the lid on, shake it up, and this should loosen things up.
- dump smoothie pack contents into the blender with almond milk and blend until smooth
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.