This apple cider vinegar drink recipe is refreshing and sugar-free. It can help stabilize your blood sugars, suppress your appetite and support your immune system.
Looking for a new way to support your health in 2019? Have you considered incorporating an apple cider vinegar drink into your daily routine?
If you are skeptical, I was right there with you, but let me tell ya…this is part of my daily routine that I thoroughly enjoy and I have become a total believer in apple cider vinegar!
This simple apple cider vinegar drink recipe is one that I started drinking last winter, and I really notice it when I miss a day. It calms my blood sugars, suppresses my appetite, and is just generally an enjoyable part of my day.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
Benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar
- it stabilizes your blood sugars (so it’s great to drink when you have that ‘low’ feeling after lunch)
- it supports your immune system with its anti-bacterial properties
- it suppresses your appetite
- find more scientifically backed ways drinking apple cider vinegar can benefit your health here!
How to make an apple cider drink
This ‘recipe’ has just 3 simple ingredients, and can be ready in 2 minutes or less!
- combine 1 tablespoon of organic lemon juice (not the stuff from concentrate!) with 1 tablespoon raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- top with soda water (we use a SodaStream to reduce our environmental impact)
Which kind of apple cider vinegar should I use? THIS IS IMPORTANT! Make sure you use the organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s‘s). It may also say ‘with the mother’. This means that the proteins, enzymes and helpful bacteria are in the bottle, and it may have a cloudy appearance. Just give it a shake up before you use it and you’re good to go! I’ve never tasted any weird texture from the mother.
Can you taste the apple cider vinegar? A little bit. For me, I could smell it when I first started drinking this and I found that more off-putting than the actual taste. HOWEVER I got used to it really quickly, so give it a try! Using a straw also helps because then your nose isn’t right in the drink 😉
Can I add sweetener to this apple cider vinegar detox drink? Absolutely, when I first started drinking this, I added 1/4 cup of cran-raspberry juice to it. This helps mask the apple cider vinegar flavor even more. Eventually I found I enjoyed the flavor even more without the cran-raspberry juice.
When should I drink this apple cider vinegar detox drink? It is 100% up to you! I either drink mine in the early afternoon if I feel low after lunch, or I drink it in the evening when I’m watching TV. I find it helps curb late-night TV munchies.
Can I drink this apple cider vinegar detox drink warm? I have also enjoyed this drink with warm water (instead of the soda water). Pour over a few slices of fresh ginger and a cinnamon stick for a cozy drink.
Tips & equipment for this apple cider vinegar detox drink
- we love our SodaStream
- I like using Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar and Santa Cruz organic lemon juice
- Pictured are these reusable stainless steel straws, but I actually prefer using reusable silicone straws
- looking for more healthy drink options? Check out this Slow Cooker Chai Tea Latte, my favorite Iced Matcha Latte, and these 5 Frozen Smoothie Packs!
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (organic unfiltered 'with the mother')
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 1/2 cups soda water
- Combine all ingredients in a glass with ice and enjoy!