This iced matcha latte recipe is a simple, four ingredient recipe that is perfect for a summer afternoon pick-me-up! Vegan and refined sugar-free.
Looking for a healthy alternative to iced coffee that will still give you an afternoon pick-me-up? Then look no further, because this iced matcha latte is perfect!
Not only is it super quick to whip up (only 4 ingredients) but it’s refreshing and full of antioxidants.
And my favorite part is that it is soooo much more affordable than what you will find at Starbucks. $5 iced matchas can really put a hole in your pocket. I’m estimating this homemade iced matcha latte will clock in around $1.50…so hands up for homemade!!
This iced matcha latte
- has only 4 ingredients
- is so much cheaper than Starbucks
- will give you a focussed boost of energy
- is vegan and gluten-free
All about matcha powder
Matcha powder is made from green tea leaves which have been ground into a fine powder. Since you are drinking the full tea leaves, you get a ton of health benefits including vitamins, minerals and antioxidants!
You also get a little boost of energy thanks to the caffeine, but it is definitely not the same ‘buzz’ as you get from a cup of coffee, rather it just makes me feel more alert.
Unfortunately matcha powder doesn’t dissolve into liquid without some effort (many people will use a bamboo whisk), and I’ve found I enjoyed it more blended into iced almond milk lattes or this matcha avocado smoothie using my blender.
- I am currently testing a couple of different matcha powders to find my favorite, so I don’t have one to recommend to you at the moment. I ordered mine off Well.ca, and have picked one up at the grocery store as well.
- If you have a favorite matcha brand, please let me know! I’d love to try it.
Get zen with this iced matcha latte
Many people prefer the feeling they get from drinking matcha versus coffee, which is a more ‘zen’ and ‘focussed’ energy. Have you ever had a cup of coffee and ended up feeling scatter brained and unfocussed? I HAVE!!
This is a very basic iced matcha latte recipe with matcha powder blended up with almond milk. I added a touch of vanilla extract and some maple syrup because this helps tame the ‘grassy’ flavor that green tea can sometimes have. You can certainly add more or less based on your taste preferences!
Some ways you can change up this iced matcha latte:
- add some ice to the blender and turn it into a slushy
- add MCT or coconut oil to make it creamier and more substantial
- add a scoop of collagen
- add adaptogens (which are herbal additives that help reduce stress and restore balance in your body)
* I am totally intrigued by the collagen & adaptogens, but am waiting until I am no longer nursing before I experiment with them
So. How do you like your iced match latte? Leave a comment to let me know how you get your perfect drink!
Looking for more healthy drinks? Check out these 5 Frozen Smoothie Packs!
Iced Matcha Latte
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (adjust to your preferences)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until all match powder has dissolved.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice. Enjoy!