Today is an exciting day for Sweet Peas & Saffron: the 30 Minute Dinner e-Cookbook is officially for sale!
I’ve worked hard over the past several months on this book and am very proud of each and every recipe in it. There are FORTY healthy 30 minute dinner recipes in the book, including 20 which are BRAND NEW! The recipes in this book make weeknight dinners more fun, more delicious, and just plain easier.
And in celebration of this digital cookbook, I’ve decided that this week is officially ’30 Minute Dinner Week’. You will see two brand new 30 minute dinner recipes on the site, and I’m finishing it all up with a 30 minute dinner round-up on Saturday.
Let’s kick off ’30 Minute Dinner Week’ with this Lime Beef and Basil Stir Fry, one of my favorite recipes from the cookbook!
Looking for more stir fry recipes? Check out this post with 7 Easy Stir Fry Sauce Recipes!
This lime beef and basil stir fry is a departure from the typical Thai curry or peanut sauce flavors. This one gets its flavor from a simple stir fry sauce of lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar. I added a touch of cornstarch to thicken the sauce ever so slightly, and the beef simmers in the sauce to absorb SO much flavor!
This lime beef and basil stir fry is packed full of veggies, and topped off with a full cup of basil leaves. There is something truly amazing about lime, beef and basil flavors all together…this is definitely one of my favorite stir fry recipes ever!
Like all of the recipes in the 30 Minute Dinner e-Cookbook, this stir fry is ready in under 30 minutes. You can get a head start on it by pre-cooking the rice, cutting the vegetables up, and mixing up the sauce (minus the cornstarch). That would cut this recipe down to probably a 15-minute meal.
Looking for more stir fry recipes? Check out these delicious options:
- Maple Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Lemon Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Sweet Chili Shrimp Stir Fry
- Vegan Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Mongolian Beef Meal Prep
- Firecracker Chicken Meal Prep
This Thai Lime Beef and Basil Stir Fry has thin strips of beef, broccoli and peas all tossed in a lime stir fry sauce and is topped with fresh basil. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 6 cups vegetables broccoli, snap peas, and/or bell pepper
- 12 oz steaks 400g total, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- juice of 2 limes 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- rice to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and cook for 5-8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Add the steak to the pan, and cook for 3 or so minutes, until just cooked through. Remove steak from pan and sop up any extra oil or liquids from the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pan and cook for 1 or so minute, until slightly thickened. Return the steak and vegetables to the pan, along with the basil leaves, and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice.