This healthy chai-spiced strawberry mango smoothie is thick and creamy, subtly sweet and gets depth of flavor from chai spice and vanilla extract. Prep it ahead as smoothie packs for quick and easy smoothies.
We love our basic Strawberry Smoothies and Mango Smoothies, but sometimes it's fun to play around with different flavor combinations...and that's how this chai-spiced strawberry mango smoothie was born!
With just five simple ingredients, you can have it blended up as a breakfast smoothie, or afternoon snack, in just 5 minutes! Thick and creamy, and loaded with fruit, it's delicious, kid-friendly, and easy to customize with your favorite smoothie add-ins.
While the berry-chai flavor combo may sound unusual, you are going to be blown away by how well they go together!
Reasons you will ♡ this chai-spiced strawberry mango smoothie
- It is gluten-free & vegan
- easy to meal prep as frozen smoothie packs
- it's completely banana free!
Which ingredients will we need?
- frozen mango: purchase frozen or freeze fresh mango yourself
- frozen strawberries: purchase frozen or freeze fresh ones yourself (see how here)
- blending liquid: almond milk, oat milk, dairy milk or even water
- chai spice blend: with notes of ginger, nutmeg and cardamom, it adds such an interesting and delicious flavor to the smoothie. Purchase a pre-made blend, or use this recipe
- vanilla: helps all the flavors meld together
- optional add-ins: chia seeds, ground flax, and even spinach
- meal prep- prep this smoothie fresh, or make freezer smoothie packs to save time (directions are in the recipe card)
- blending- if you are adding spinach and do not have a good quality blender, blend the spinach with the blending liquid first to get it completely smooth. Then add in the frozen fruit and other ingredients.
- storage- I love using reusable silicone straws in my smoothies in place of stainless steel
Find my favorite blender, straws and smoothie add ins in my shop!
can I swap the mangoes?
Sure, I bet banana would work in place of mango, or you could use 100% strawberries with some sort of sweetener (strawberries are not very sweet on their own)
can I swap the strawberries?
Yep, you can make this with 100% mango, or swap them for your favorite berry.
is the chai spice necessary?
No, you can leave it out, or replace with ground cinnamon
More healthy smoothies:
- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie with Pineapple
- Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie
- Green Mango Superfood Smoothie
- Goji Peach Cherry Smoothie
- 7 Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Chai-Spiced Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- ¾ cup mango chunks (frozen)
- ¾ cup strawberries (frozen)
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk (or more as needed to blend; swap for dairy milk or your favorite blending liquid)
- ⅛ teaspoon chai spice blend (see notes *)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flax
- 1 cup spinach
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- do not add almond milk until you are ready to blend
- get the jar into the freezer ASAP so the fruit doesn't thaw and then refreeze to the jar (makes it hard to get it out.
- to get out of the jar, gently scrape with a spoon. If anything gets stuck, fill jar ½ way with almond milk and allow to sit for 1 minute. Put the lid on, shake it up, and this should loosen things up.
- dump smoothie pack contents into the blender with almond milk and blend until smooth