This green mango superfood smoothie finally converted me into a green smoothie fan! Packed full of superfoods, no added sugar, and ready in 5 minutes.
Are you on the green smoothie train with me?! Green smoothies are a great way to pack extra veggies into your day but when I am not feeling a green smoothie my go-to is usually this Mango Smoothie Recipe or these 7 Breakfast Smoothie Recipes.
If you are on the fence about green smoothies, I hope you’ll give this one a try! It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and you really can’t taste the spinach.
And by starting your day with this smoothie, you’ve already eaten three servings of fruit and one serving of vegetables…plus a huge boost in nutrition from the flax and chia seeds.
Reasons you’ll ♡ this superfood smoothie
- it is vegan
- it is packed with nutritious superfoods
- it can be prepped ahead of time
- it is a super flexible base recipe for whatever you are craving or have on hand
What is a superfood?
Superfoods are highly nutrient-dense ingredients. They contain a high amount of nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals with a low number of calories. Read more here.
The thing I love best about smoothies is how much nutrition you can squeeze in one glass and this superfood smoothie is packed full of them! Which superfoods, you may ask?
- chia seeds for a boost in fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids (1)
- ground flaxseed for more fibre, vitamins and minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids (2)
- mango is used as a natural sweetener, but it is also packed with antioxidants (which can help protect your cells, preventing aging + chronic illness) (3)
- spinach which contains calcium, iron, vitamin C and alpha-lipoic acid, which has been found to help stabilize blood sugar levels (4)
You can get perfectly smooth green smoothies, even with a cheap blender! The trick is to blend your greens with the blending liquid before adding in the other ingredients. This ensures your greens are completely blended and you won’t end up with chunks of spinach in your smoothie.
You may also need to blend for longer to get all the mango chunks to break up. If you are still having issues, try adding a bit more blending liquid than the recipe calls for.
Want to turn this superfood smoothie recipe into a meal? Try adding one of the following:
- ¼ cup oatmeal (gives it some staying power)
- ½ scoop of protein powder (also gives it some staying power)
- 3 oz silken tofu
To prep these superfood smoothies ahead as smoothie packs, I recommend using jars for a great zero-waste method. Place frozen mango on the bottom of the jar, then place add-ins, and spinach on top. Do not add blending liquid.
Put the smoothie packs into the freezer quickly so the fruit does not thaw and resolidify.
To blend, dump contents of jar into the blender. If anything is stuck in the jar, place some of the blending liquid into the jar, shake, then pour into the blender.
More smoothie recipes
- Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie
- Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie
- 36 Healthy Smoothies
- Matcha Avocado Smoothie
- Goji Peach Cherry Smoothie
Green Mango Superfood Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach packed
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1.5 cups frozen ripe mango chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine the spinach and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the mango chunks, flax, chia seeds and almond extract. Blend again until smooth.