These smoked salmon cucumber roll-ups are the perfect (healthier) last-minute party appetizer!
Well, here we are. Tuesday. But it feels like a really reeeeally bad Monday.
If you are American, you’ve just had your Memorial Day long week-end. If you’re me, your weekend + Monday consisted of watching Paw Patrol a bajillion times and snuggling the germs out of your toddler.
So while it wasn’t a fun, BBQ-filled week-end for me, we’re in the same boat today 😉
Except I have that darn Paw Patrol jingle stuck in my head on repeat. Send help!! And coffee! And a platter of smoked salmon cucumber roll-ups!
I feel kind of embarrassed when I share ‘recipes’ like this. Because it’s not really a recipe at all, just a concept.
So let’s not call these cucumber roll-ups a recipe. Let’s just say that these are a fun snack that you most definitely need at your next shin-dig. (Did I just write shin-dig?! The Monday-Tuesday mental situation is worse than we thought!)
I was inspired by my Grilled Caprese Zucchini Roll Ups but wanted to use cucumbers. So no grilling for these babies. Just spreading and rolling. So so so easy!
The trickiest part of this whole ‘recipe’ is spreading the cream cheese on the wet cucumbers. Blotting the cucumber strips with a paper towel definitely made this process a LOT easier.
So you seriously just spread on the cream cheese, press on a strip of smoked salmon and roll it up. I used a tooth pick to secure them, but if you gently press on them, the cream cheese should hold the cucumber roll-ups together.
Um. Yep. That’s about all of the words I have in my brain at this moment. Other than: make these. They are flipping delicious!
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll-ups
- 1 long English cucumber, cut in two and ends removed.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon, cut into strips
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into 6-inch (approximately) strips.
- Blot the cucumber strips gently with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Gently spread about 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese along the length of the cucumber.
- Press a strip of smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese, then roll the cucumber up as tightly as possible.
- Secure with a toothpick, if they don't say rolled up on their own.