This English muffin pizza recipe is perfect for kids or an afternoon snack! They are so easy to prep ahead and freeze for an easy meal prep snack.
This post was originally published in 01/2017. It has been rewritten and rephotographed in 2019; same great recipe!
This recipe takes me straight back to my childhood, how about you?
Not only is this English muffin pizza recipe great for kids, but they will satisfy your inner child, too 😉
Easy to prepare, and re-heats great!
Reasons you’ll ♡ this English muffin pizza recipe
- it’s kid-approved
- you can have them ready in just 10 minutes
- you can make them ahead and reheat for an easy meal prep snack
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!
What you’ll need to make English muffin mini pizzas
This is barely a recipe, and is extremely flexible. You can swap ingredients based on your favorite pizza toppings, or what you have in the fridge.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- English muffins- you can use regular, whole wheat, or gluten-free
- Sauce– I use either pizza sauce or pesto
- Veggies– my faves are finely chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, shredded brussels sprouts, sliced zucchini and red onions. No need to pre-cook them!
- Cheese- a must to hold the ingredients on- I used mozzarella but cheddar would work as well.
- Meat- go for small meat slices or chop it up. I used pepperoni sticks sliced thinly
- Spices- I like a little sprinkling of basil on my pizza. Totally optional!
How to make English muffin pizzas
- Assemble your pizzas on english muffin halves and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 2-4 minutes (depending on the strength of your broiler), or until cheese melts and edges of the english muffins get crispy.
Can I meal prep this recipe?
You absolutely can, these pizzas store well in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Some tips for meal prepping:
- cook, then cool completely before storing
- place bits of wax or parchment paper between the pizzas to keep them from sticking together (this is optional; they stuck a little bit for me but I wasn’t bothered)
- save the english muffin bag for freezing them; freeze upright if possible to keep the toppings in place
- thaw completely before re-heating in the microwave or in the oven
Tips & equipment for English muffin pizzas
- make sure to use good, sturdy baking sheets (<–I love these ones!)
- store in a large container like this 6 cup meal prep container in the fridge and separate with parchment if desired (I found they stuck a bit but it didn’t bother me). To freeze, I like to store in the English muffin bag
- Looking for more meal prep snacks? Check out these Creamy Greek Yogurt Fruit Dips (3 Ways), these No Bake Energy Bites and these Freezer Sweet Potato Baked Taquitos
10 Minute English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 6 english muffins (1 package)
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup vegetables (finely chopped: pictured is bell peppers, zucchini, shredded brussels sprouts and red onion)
- 1 pepperoni stick (sliced thinly)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- pinch basil (optional; to sprinkle)
- Arrange the english muffin halves on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each half, followed by 1-1.5 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Arrange vegetables and pepperoni on the cheese, then sprinkle with basil.
- Broil for 2-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges of english muffin are crispy.
- Freezer- Cool completely and wrap two halves together (stacked) in plastic. Place back in the original english muffin bag, then freeze upright.
- English muffins store for 1-2 months in the freezer.
- Fridge- cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To Re-Heat thaw completely before reheating in the microwave or in the oven until hot.
- These are also great eaten cold!
swap the pizza sauce for pesto and top with green veggies: spinach, broccoli, chopped brussels sprouts & zucchini slices