These strawberry spinach spring rolls are a healthy 6-ingredient snack or appetizer recipe that is ready in only 10 minutes. All the flavors of strawberry spinach salad in spring roll form!
Hi friends, how are you? Are you as excited as me that we are coming towards the end of the week?
I bet you are looking for a delicious snack recipe that you can eat while lounging on your deck chair. Or is that just me?
Today I have a healthy snack or appetizer recipe…strawberry spinach spring rolls! These are going to make you look like you’ve been slaving in the kitchen, when in reality? Only 10 minutes. How awesome is that?
Not only are they easy, but these are good for you: each spring roll contains a half cup of fruit and vegetables, and that is pretty fantastic because that brings you even closer to the goal of filling half your plate with fruits and vegetables!
If you didn’t guess it by that last line, this post is brought in partnership with Half Your Plate Canada, whose mission is to help us fill half our plates with fruits and vegetables. If you remember, I partnered with Half Your Plate Canada back in January to bring you these Spicy Shrimp Quesadillas with Mango Salsa.
Today’s strawberry spinach spring rolls recipe is inspired by a visit to the the Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) Trade Show two weeks ago. I was so fortunate to be a guest of Half Your Plate Canada at the trade show, and got to check out all of the new trends and products in produce!
What did I see? Are you ready? Here we go:
Aside from some seriously gorgeous and tasty produce, I saw a ton of innovative products coming out.
The general theme is to encourage Canadians to consume more fruits and vegetables, by making it more convenient to do so. Whether that is in the form of pre-sliced veggies that can be thrown into stir fries, pastas, or soups, convenient grab-and-go snacks, or potatoes that can be quickly cooked in the microwave, these products are going to make life (and the 5-pm dinner rush) a LOT easier for us.
In addition, products that prevent food wastage are on their way out to us, by using parts of produce which are often discarded (such as cauliflower and broccoli stems). These can easily be tossed into soups or stir fries, or even hidden in baked goods for a boost of veggies!
It was so fun to attend the trade show to see (and taste) all of these products, and I can’t wait to pick some up in the grocery store!
And being inspired by the trade show, I thought it would be good to bring us a healthy snack that is full of produce, and is super convenient to make!
Since strawberries and spinach are coming into season right now, I loved the idea of a strawberry spinach salad remix…and for some reason spring rolls popped into my head!
I’m not going to lie: I thought these would be a pain to make! I’ve never rolled spring rolls before and was under the impression that they are a real challenge, but it was totally the opposite.
And to prove to you just how easy these strawberry spinach spring rolls are to make, I made a little video for us! Is is seriously this easy:
So are you convinced that you can do this? Because YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS!
Disclaimer: Thank-you Half Your Plate Canada for sponsoring this post, and for showing me around the CPMA Tradeshow! As always, all opinions remain my own.
More fun spring roll recipes!
- Red Curry and Brown Sugar Tofu Spring Rolls from Healthy Nibbles and Bites
- Kimchi Kale Spring Rolls from Cookies & Kale
- Quinoa Spring Rolls with Cashew Dipping Sauce from Minimalist Baker
Strawberry Spinach Spring Rolls
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- Balsamic reduction
For each salad roll:
- 1/3 cup loosely packed spinach
- 2 tablespoons strawberries
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons pecans
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Place spring roll wrapper in the water, keeping it immersed for 10-15 seconds, until wrapper becomes slightly soft. (It will still have some structure to it and not be completely soft yet).
- Place on a clean dry surface.
- Add ⅓ cup loosely packed spinach, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberries, 2 teaspoons of pecans and 2 teaspoons of feta cheese.
- Fold the top, then the sides, then roll up as tightly as you can manage.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining spring rolls.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction before eating.