This cherry almond smoothie is made with four simple ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes. A great snack or start to your day!
Guess what? More fruit.
I know. I have an addiction.
My smoothie addiction goes way back. In my first trimester, I was so worried that I wasn't eating well enough, what with all the dried toast and crackers and mashed potatoes. I was actually feeling my best first thing in the morning (and they call it morning sickness?). So my strategy was to force some fruit down in the morning before I felt sick.
Since then, my immersion blender has never been so busy!
Reasons you'll ♡ this cherry almond smoothie
- it's ready in 5 minutes or less
- it's a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth
- it has no added sugar and is naturally sweetened by the cherries
I have been experimenting over the past few months with some interesting smoothie recipes, and so far, this is one of my favorites!
I was super excited to find frozen cherries in the frozen food aisle of the Superstore, since previously I'd been unable to find them. If you can't find them, you can pit your own cherries (groan) and freeze them (double groan). I did this last summer for Cherry Mojitos, and you know what? It was actually worth the trouble!
Cherries are definitely sweeter than strawberries or other berries that are typically in smoothies, and I swapped my normal cran-raspberry juice for some almond milk. Adding just a touch of almond extract brings out the almond flavors that compliment cherries so well.
Total prep time: 2 minutes. Flavor profile: kind of like an almondy-cherry milkshake. So..this recipe's a keeper.
Tips and equipment for this cherry almond smoothie
- I found my cherries in the frozen foods aisle; if you can't find them pre-frozen you can remove the pits and freeze yourself
- I love this Vitamix for smoothies
- Looking for more smoothie recipes? Check out these 7 Breakfast Smoothies, this Strawberry Smoothie and this Mango Smoothie. All made without bananas!
- 1 cup cherries frozen, pits removed
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup greek yogurt plain
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine everything in a blender and blend away!
© Sweet Peas & Saffron - Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens