These cheesy spinach quinoa cups are a high protein, veggie-packed snack that is perfect in a packed lunch.
2017. Whoa, Nelly.
Doesn’t that sound futuristic to you? Where’s my jetpack?
Do you make new years resolutions? I did. I’m really pushing myself to be more environmentally friendly in my kitchen. I’m kicking plastic to the curb, and aluminum foil as well.
I also neeeeed to get my butt back into my exercise routine. I can’t seem to find a routine that sticks. Does anyone have any recommendations for programs? I have Zumba and Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (love her!!).
Does your new years resolution involve bringing your lunch to work more consistently? Then these cheesy spinach quinoa cups are for YOU.
After posting SEVEN energy bite flavors last month, I wanted to come up with a healthy savory snack recipe. I wanted something with protein to keep you full, and something with sneaky veggies too.
And I came up with these Cheesy Spinach Quinoa Cups!
What’s to love about these cheesy spinach quinoa cups? They are packed with protein, thanks to the quinoa, eggs and cheese. And they are sneakily full of spinach, too. Like a LOT of spinach, actually. A whole frozen package.
And and AND! They are freezer friendly. I absolutely LOVE keeping my freezer stocked with healthy snacks. And it’s really packed right now because I have a whole ton of snack recipes coming your way this month!
PS- have you signed up for the 3 Week Lunch Prep Challenge? It starts on Jan 8 and not only are we doing lunches but also morning and afternoon snacks, so your entire work day is going to be good to go with only 1 hour of prep on the weekend! See here for more information.
More healthy snacks for us!
- check out these No Bake Energy Bites Seven Ways
- or these Southwestern Baked Falafels with Black Beans & Corn
- and these Brown Sugar Chili Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (2.5 cups cooked)
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 300g/11oz frozen spinach, thawed, drained, excess moisture pressed out
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together quinoa with all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a well-greased mini muffin tray (I use spray oil + paper towel).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow quinoa cups to cool completely before working a knife around them and popping them out of the pan.
- Cool completely and store in a re-usable container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Cool completely, then portion out into small plastic bags. Try to remove as much air as possible (you can suck it out using a straw).
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
Calories 59 // Fat 3 g // Saturated Fat 2 g // Cholesterol 20 mg // Sodium 92 mg // Carbohydrate 4 g // Fiber 1 g // Sugars 0 g // Protein 3 g