Posted by https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/chili-lime-chicken-and-sweet-potato-skillet/
© 2015 Sweet Peas and Saffron. All rights reserved.
Chili Lime Sweet Potato and Chicken Skillet
A simple, easy and healthy dinner that cooks up all in one pan! Sweet potatoes, chicken, black beans and bell peppers are flavored with chili-powder and lime.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil (2 or so tablespoons)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-cm (1/2 inch) cubes (approx 4 cups)
- 2 bell peppers, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 can black beans, drained (540mL/18 oz)
- cilantro leaves (garnish)
- lime wedges/wheels (garnish)
- greek yogurt (to serve)
- In a large skillet or pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, and brown (approximately 6 minutes). Don't worry about cooking it right through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the sweet potato, and cook for 10-12 minutes, until browned. I found it browned better when I didn't stir it too frequently, only every 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, red onion, chili powder, cumin, salt and chicken stock. Return the chicken to the pan. Stir so that everything is well combined.
- Cover and cook for another 10 or so minutes, stirring once or twice. Chicken and sweet potato should be cooked through.
- Add the black beans and lime zest, and cook until heated through.
- Taste for salt, and add more if needed.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Nutritional Information: for one of six servings; excludes garnishes
Calories 377 // Fat 9 g // Saturated Fat 2 g // Cholesterol 63 mg // Sodium 434 mg // Carbohydrate 42 g // Fiber 11 g // Sugars 9 g // Protein 33 g
Loading nutrition data...