Prep these chickpea buddha bowls and Greek chicken wraps all at the same time for some variety in your meal prep lunches, ready in under 45 minutes! No more eating the same thing for four days in a row!
I totally get it. By day four of eating the same Turkey Taco Lunch Bowl or Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowl, I'll admit...I'm kind of over it. I eat it anyway because it's there, it's made, I don't want to waste food and I committed myself to eating it at the start of the week.
But I have been thinking a lot about variety and how can we have a little more in our lunch routine. So I'm excited to share today's chickpea buddha bowls and Greek chicken wraps with you because they are the solution to this problem!
PS- these chickpea buddha bowls and Greek chicken wraps were our week 1 recipes from the Lunch Prep Challenge. Want free recipes, shopping lists and video prep tutorials? Sign up below and get in on our next challenge!
When it comes to lunch prep recipes, sheet pans are where it's at. I do love a good stir fry meal prep as well, but sheet pan meal prep recipes are just so hands off.
So for our first 2 for 1 meal prep recipe, I went sheet pan, 100%.
The majority of the work in this recipe will be in chopping, opening cans, stirring together some spices. But then, you get your sheet pans in the oven and you are almost done!
Recipe number 1 is an herby-Greek chicken wrap, with chicken breast, bell peppers, zucchini and onion all roasted together in an herb spice rub with some lemon wedges.
When everything is roasted through, remove the lemon wedges and portion out into 2 storage containers, then sprinkle with feta and voila! You are prepped.
To serve, you will heat up the filling and spoon into a large tortilla. Your work colleagues are going to be eyeing your lunch up and wondering what you're eating over there 😉
Recipe number two is the roasted chickpea buddha bowls with my favorite Maple Tahini Dressing! Similar concept as the wraps: roast up some chickpeas, red onion, carrot and brussels sprouts on a separate sheetpan.
Cool slightly and divide into two storage containers with ½ cup of quinoa. Drizzle with a delish tahini sauce. Done.
If you're on the ball, you can easily have these chickpea buddha bowls and Greek chicken wraps both prepped in under 45 minutes. Hallelujah.
Tips for perfect chickpea buddha bowls and Greek chicken wraps:
- I used my favorite 2-cup capacity storage containers for storage and my awesome salad dressing shaker to prep the tahini sauce
- cooking your quinoa in a rice cooker makes this prep go even easier!
- if you can't find tahini, you could try the peanut lime sauce from this post; just make sure you only prep a ½ batch
2 for 1 Meal Prep: Chickpea Buddha Bowls and Greek Chicken Wraps
Chickpea Buddha Bowls
- 1 cup cooked quinoa ⅓ cup uncooked
- 1 cup chickpeas drained (leftovers from a can may be frozen)
- 1 large carrot peeled & chopped
- ½ red onion chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups brussels sprouts outer leaves removed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Greek Chicken Wraps
- 1 chicken breast 7 oz, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon sliced
To Serve (Greek Chicken Wraps)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- 2 large flour tortillas or wraps
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chickpeas, carrots, onion and brussels sprouts in a large bowl with oil; season with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Re-using the large bowl, toss the chicken, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, olive oil, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Spread out on a second baking sheet and arrange the lemon slices underneath.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until veggies are soft and chicken is cooked through.
- While veggies/chicken/chickpeas are roasting, shake together the tahini dressing ingredients.
- Chickpea Buddha Bowls: divide the cooked quinoa, and carrots/brussels/onion/chickpeas into two 2 cup storage containers. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Greek Chicken Wraps: divide the chicken/bell pepper/zucchini/onions into two 2 cup storage containers (remove the lemon slices). Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To Serve: Chickpea Buddha Bowls: you may enjoy this cold or re-heated.
- Greek Chicken Wraps: heat in the microwave, then spoon into a tortilla or wrap.